What's new

What is up with Monsters Inc not showing? (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Okay.. so I bought Toy Story for my 2 year old last week and he's fallen in love with the Monsters Inc trailer in the "sneak peeks" section. So, I thought now would be a good time to take him to his first movie theater experience... I looked in the paper, the internet, called the theaters... I can't find Monsters Inc showing anywhere. If I look up Monsters Inc on http://www.moviefone.com, in Milwaukee, WI... its "NOT SHOWING".
What is up with that?.. you would think with all the megaplex's out there.. there should be somewhere I could find it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's pretty well played out at theaters. Unless there's a re-release to second run/dollar theaters, your next opportunity to see it will likely be Sept 17 when the video is released.

Edit: Also, I don't know if you have any drive-in theaters in your area, but some of them may play it this summer. I know the few around here usually bring out some of the big Christmas releases as part of a drive-in double feature.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Monsters, Inc. opened about four months ago. It's rare anymore for films to stick around in the multiplexes that long. It may be showing at one of the "dollar theaters" in your area.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It's still playing at a single theater in New York City, but I suspect that was an accommodation to awards voters. After this week, it will probably vanish for good.

you would think with all the megaplex's out there..
Megaplexes aren't about variety. They're about insuring that there's an upcoming showing of a big new release every half hour or so.

M.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Monsters Inc. opened the Nov 2 (2001) -- that's before last Thanksgiving! It's a rare movie that plays more than four months in the theaters. I believe that Monsters has already moved through the second-run theaters here.
For comparison: Harry Potter isn't showing theatrically out here, and it opened after Monsters and had a larger gross.
If you want to see a movie in the theater, you really need to get to a theater in the first month or two. After that, all bets are off. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks