What's new

What is up the the Fox Movie Channel? (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I just started receiving the Fox Movie Channel, and although I am excited about some of their offerings, I am perplexed about Fox's strategy for the station. First, Fox has a remarkable library and much of it is not available on other stations or on DVD. Yet the FMC makes scant use of it and seems to replay many of the same films over and over. Second, I have seen advertisements for the FMC on other channels that encourage people to contact their cable companies to request the FMC. If the FMC really wants people to do that, they should demonstrate a greater commitment to their classic library. I think classic movie fans would go to the trouble of asking for the FMC to be able to see many of Fox's hard to find treasures. I don't think that the average movie fan would go out of his way to request the FMC in order to watch "Weekend at Bernies" being shown three times in succession on a Friday night. The same goes for other recent Fox films that are readily available at Blockbuster. Third, the FMC's website is a mess. It is created in Flash, which means that it takes a long time to download anything, and there is no way to print a schedule for more than one day, and if you want to look up when a particular movie is being shown, you will be told when it next airs, but not if it is on the schedule on multiple dates in the future. Fourth, I have sent several emails to the FMC asking questions and making comments and have never received any reply, not even a form email thanking me for writing. I would think that the FMC could be greatly improved without spending much more, but no one seems to care. Finally, I do not know whether the reported legal issues would apply here, but if the FMC wants to attract customers, I would recommend that they show the 1960s Batman TV show. Now, that would be exciting.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I think it's cool that they were showing eps of the "Planet of the Apes" TV series that I haven't seen in 30 years. Most of their best stuff is on in the wee hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks