What is thisTV commerical / music?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Philip_cw_H, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Philip_cw_H

Philip_cw_H Auditioning

Any help as to whose commercial this is or what the music is will be greatly appreciated.

There's a new car commerical out and I never pay attention to car commercials unless I'm in the market to buy a new one. The basic premise is that this vehicle (could be a SUV, not really sure) fits this woman's changing needs. She has a small dog and one kind of boyfriend, then a big dog and another kind of boyfriend etc. At the end she runs out of gas and finds a new guy from the AAA truck.

The name of the song they use is what I'm really interested in. I'm just about as ignorant as possible when it comes to music, but it reminds me of some sort of early 80's synth pop type song. The only lyric I can make out is what sounds like "Boys".

Anyone seen this? Anyone know what the song is?

Many thanks if you can help.

2. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

That would be "Genius of Love" by The Tom Tom Club. Can't remember what album has it, but I believe it's their first.

Hope this helps!

3. Mark Lee

Mark Lee Second Unit

A brilliant little ditty from 1/2 of what used to be Talking Heads (Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz). The younger set would probably recognize it best as being sampled by Mariah Carey for her song "Fantasy."
    And if memory serves, Chris and Tina trot the song out in the middle of Stop Making Sense.

4. Philip_cw_H

Philip_cw_H Auditioning

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I would have never been able to figure that one out.