What is this called - throat question...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Jul 1, 2006.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I dunno what this 'problem' is, but it annoys the heck out of me when i'm not near a coke or water...

It feels like mucus, or something similair is staying near the back of my throat, and I have to clear it every few seconds to get rid of it. It never lasts more than an hour, normally happens in the morning and around 8PM or so...

Just wondering if anyone knows what this is, and how to get rid of it [​IMG]..

Thanks!

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
  3. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Does it happen after you eat? If so, it's caused by acid reflux. I get phlegmy after every meal and it's annoying.

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I agree with Cameron, it sounds like the effects of allergies.

5. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Do you happen to know if you sleep with your mouth open? Perhaps even snore a lot?

Cees

6. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Does it happen after you eat? If so, it's caused by acid reflux. I get phlegmy after every meal and it's annoying.>>>

Hmm, it could be. It would explain why it only happens around 8PM or so every night...

>>>

I agree with Cameron, it sounds like the effects of allergies.>>>

Nope, never had alergies before in my life. And apart from this, no other health problems..

>>Do you happen to know if you sleep with your mouth open? Perhaps even snore a lot?>>

I beleive no on both... but my father snores...if it's passed down, it's possible...

7. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

The only reason I bring it up is, there have been SO many people (that I know) that have had sinus infections (this year) that have never had allergies in the past.

8. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

If it does appear to happen in the early morning and evening, then it is allergies. Consider too that an allergic reaction maybe something like ...a galss of water. Each time after an exposure to an allergen, the glass fills until it overflows and what u get is a full blown hypersensitivity reaction.
    But all our speculation could be wrong as the only way to find out if to get ur throat examined by a doc. It could be anything.....

9. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I've been having the same problem for about a month.