What is this called (splitter for speaker)

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Ekirts, Oct 30, 2012.

  1. Ekirts

    Ekirts Auditioning

    Oct 30, 2012
    Likes Received:
    I have a very very old TV with no audio out. It does however have exposed external speakers with normal speaker wire that can be unclipped at either end.
    I have just brough a very basic (but not cheap) 5.1 Blu-ray HTS. It has pre crimped ends on the Blu-ray end and normal ends to the speaker.
    I want to get something to sit in between the blu-ray player and the speaker so i can have the player sending sound out to all 5 speakers like it normally would but also the TV sending its sound to the blu-ray front speakers.
    Does this exist and whats it called? I can only find multi room solutions on google :huh:
  2. schan1269

    schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

    Jul 4, 2012
    Likes Received:
    Chicago-ish/NW Indiana
    Real Name:
    Uhm, that would be a speaker switch box...wired backwards...
    But, I have no idea if you could turn the TV volume down far enough where it wouldn't cause a complete meltdown.

Share This Page