What's new

What is this 70's TV Thriller? (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hey I have a mid-1970's made for TV movie that I would like to know the title of.
I believe it was a thriller with two or three vignettes, the only story I remember is one where a teenage boy (about 13/14) ends up missing and after three years have gone by his parents have accepted that he is probably dead, then one day he shows up at their door looking exactly the same & in the same cloths he was wearing when he disappeared.
They are shocked but overjoyed to see him however his grandfather (or maybe his father) is suspicious of the boy, he seems slightly malevolent to him & soon things begin to happen around him (I think people & pets start getting hurt or even dying).
I can't remember how, but the idea is put forth that the boy is dead & a demon has taken his shape in order to torment his loved ones, but his parent(s) of course refuse to believe it. What I really remember is the last scene of the story which has his Grandfather or Father lying at the bottom of a staircase (having been pushed there?) and at the top of the staircase in shadow is the silhouette of the boy saying something like "But I've come home!" as he slowly comes down the staircase in dark silhouette "I've finally..." until he reaches the very bottom (and right up into the camera lense) as a shaft of light from a window next to the bottom of the stairs shows his face to be that of a demon "...COME..HOME!".
For all I know it could have been his mother at the bottom of the stairs but what I do remember is that the makeup wasn't very good (I remember me & my brothers laughing and saying "it looks like Frankenstein!") ;)
This is around 1976, 77 or 78.
Anyone remember this?

John M. Ford

Agent
It sounds as if you are describing one of the shorts from "Trilogy of Terror II" It's just the the short is about a grieving mother resurecting her dead son who then turns out to be a demon. Check out the Internet Movie Database Link Removed for more info. Hope this helps.
johnf

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
That sounds similar to what I remember but Trilogy of Terror II was made in 1996 and what I saw was in the mid-70's, I know this for certain because the last (and only) time I saw it was in the 70's.
I've been asking about this for years & I know I saw it.....
......or did I dream it?;) :frowning:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
BINGO!!
Dead of Night it is!
And since the story "Bobby" was featured in Trilogy of Terror II that is why it was so familiar. I don't know where I got a father/grandfather from but that is how I remembered it (I was 9).
Thanks guys!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Was Trilogy of Terror the one with Karen Black as a woman haunted by a toy rocking horse? (I'm to lazy to look it up at the IMdb). I remember that movie scaring the shit out of me when I was a kid.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Trilogy of Terror had three stories, all staring Karen Black in various roles. The first had her as a prudish teacher who gets caught up in a dark relationship with a "bad boy" student.
The second story had her in dual roles as twin sisters in a semi'What ever happened to baby Jane type plot.
Now the story that everyone truly remembers from Trilogy of Terror is the finale, "Prey", the story with the woman who comes home with a "Zuni fetish" doll that clearly warns (in the parchment that comes with it) NEVER to remove the chain/amulet that holds the soul of a Zuni Warrior inside the doll or it will take control of the doll and kill it's owner.....guess what happened?
Trilogy of Terror II (I rented it last night) has a sequel to "Prey" as it's finale but nowhere near as interesting as the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks