What is the status on the new Rush CD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Hughes, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    Just wondering. I've read here and there that it is close to being done.

It is hard to find good Rush website out on the net, as when you type in "Rush" you get a zillion returns, many of which have little to do with, well, Rush.

2. Ed E Lee

Ed E Lee Agent

Well, the first place for any news I'd look would be their official website at Atlantic Records right here .
    A press release says: "Atlantic/Anthem recording group Rush has completed recording tracks for their highly anticipated new album. The legendary power trio - Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neal Peart - recently wrapped up recording sessions in Toronto, and are now in the midst of mixing. The as-yet-untitled set is currently slated for an early spring release."
    I guess, there it is. Personally, I won't hold my breath. I got so much other stuff to listen to.

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I didn't realise they were so far ahead with it. I can't wait!

What a great time for me in early 2002. My three favorite bands of all time are releasing new material: Rush, Dreamtheater, and King Crimson. Happy happy, joy joy.

4. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor
    Supporter

5. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Are they actually touring? I heard that they might retire from the stage completely, even if they release new music.

6. rob kilbride

rob kilbride Supporting Actor

Rob Kilbride
    Mike is the new Crimson studio or live and when does it come out?

7. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

The Crimson album I was referring to is a brand spankin' new studio album, called Nuovo Metal. Last I heard, it's slated for the spring. I've heard some of the new material. It is simply astonishing.
    But DGM (Digital Global Mobile, their independant record lable which hosts a lot of other talent) has released in will be releasing some live archival material.
    VROOM VROOM: Released summer, 2001. 2 CDs. Live performances from the "double trio," 1995. This is a much better set than B'Boom, which was more like a bootleg.
    Ladies of the Road: Scheduled for sometime in 2002. Live performances from the 1971 lineup (Boz Burell, Ian Wallace, Mel Collins). Even though this is my least favorite of the Crimson lineups, I'm looking forward to it, as it's the only era of the band that does not have live material officially released.
    Earthbound and USA: live albums released in the 70s. They are planning on finally releasing them on CD. Earthbound is the '71 lineup, and supposedly had horrible sound on its vinyl pressing. I'll wait to read reviews before getting that. USA is the classic Bruford-Wetton lineup, with a supposedly wonderful improv track. Scheduled for sometime 2002.
    Level 5: this CD was sold on the last tour, but I think you can get a copy through DGM's web site. It contains tracks of new material, and two new performances of previously released material. The performances are taken from when they opened for Tool.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they took their time releasing these things. It's a small label, but they always release a quality product.
    Check these two web sites for news:
    DGM's web site:
    www.disciplineglobalmobile.com
    King Crimson newsletter:
    www.elephant-talk.com