What is the protocol for trades?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by VinhT, Oct 4, 2002.

1. VinhT

VinhT Second Unit

I've always sold my DVDs on eBay, but trading might seem like a better idea. Could someone please give me some information regarding how a trade is done?

2. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    You can start a thread in this forum listing the titles you have available for trade, as well as titles you're looking for. It helps to list the condition of your items, as well as specifics (i.e., first release, SE, ex-rental, etc.) Anyone interested who sees a potential trade can contact you in your thread or by e-mail, or vice-versa if you see someone listing something you want.
    There is a "Good Trader's List" located at the top of this forum. After a successful trade, traders should leave feedback for each other. Tallies are kept next to everyone's names so you can get a sense of the reliability of a trader. Being new here, you may be asked to send first in a trade, though that would be at the discretion of your trading partner. The details of the trade (mailing method, whether you want to use delivery confirmation, etc.) are between the traders to hash out. People sometimes have a different sense of the value of various DVDs, so you may have to do some negotiating, or someone can throw in a little cash to even out the trade. As long as both parties are happy with the deal, it should be fine!
    Trading's a nice way to see things you might not want to buy. Have fun! [​IMG]

3. paul dd

paul dd Stunt Coordinator

This might be a good place to start. After that, be sure to check my trade list here. Maybe we can work something out. [​IMG]
    Good luck!