What's new

What is the price on Paradigm Esprits (in Canada)? (1 Viewer)

RolandM

Stunt Coordinator
Well I was checking out some Paradigm speakers on their website and I like the Esprit floorstanding model they have in the Reference line. However somewhat annoyingly there are no prices, not even MSRPs listed on Paradigm's site (or at least I can't find them). I've seen that they have prices on "packages" but not individual speakers :angry:

Anyhow it appears that eventhough Paradigm is apparently Canadian there are few places to find them! HiFi 2000 has them and I think I may go over there tomorrow and see what they have (The HiFi 2000 website is garbage--no online shopping there :frowning: ).

I've read that Paradigms are actually less expensive in Canada (Hooray! For ONCE something is cheaper here! :) ) but I still have pretty much no idea how much an Esprit would cost.

What kind of price would I/should I be looking at for the Esprit (CDN dollar of course ;) )?

Thanks to anyone that can help me out!

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Roland - The Espirit speakers are part of the Performance Line (not Reference). Paradigm does not allow their dealers to sell online.

If you go to the Dealer Locator section of their website:
http://www.paradigm.ca/Website/Deale...t/Dealers.html
and select 'Locate Canadian Dealer' and the radio button for Paradigm Authorized Dealer and enter your Postal Code you should wind up with the closest ones to you.

Sorry I cannot help you with the Espirit prices.

RolandM

Stunt Coordinator

Hey brentl, is this in Canadian $$$ and if so what dealers are you referring to??? (Your profile doesn't show your location...)

If it is CDN $$$ then I think I might have to pick these up after returning my Quest speakers to Futile Shop. Of course I'll have to have a listed to the Esprits for a while first!

Jason GT

Second Unit
Roland,

As a rule of thumb for Paradigm speakers - the Canadian list price is 20-25% (if not more) than the US list price. In practice however, you should be able to get roughly the US list price in Canadian funds.

For example, and with assumed values:
Paradigm Esprit $ 420 USD/ $ 550 CDN (list)

- you should be able to get these speakers for about $400-450/pair plus the obligatory governmental donations.

RolandM

Stunt Coordinator
Duh stupid me! I forgot Boxing Day is a Canadian thing so brentl had to be talking about Canadian then...

JasonGT, thanks for the info :) I went to HiFi 2000 today and they had them on sale for $499 down from $599. I asked casually if he could do $400 and he said no but he might be able to do $450... He also added the sale will probably end tomorrow or the next day and that some prices have already gone up.

If I could find them for $400 I might buy them but that is still pushing it at $460 after taxes. Yeah I know I'm working with a really small budget here :frowning:

They also had the matching centre can't remember if it was the CC270 or the CC170 on display, but I forgot to ask the price on that.

I'm still tempted to buy the JBL E60s stateside for $300 US for the pair, shipped (inside the US of course). It will still work out to about $50-$60 CDN cheaper than buying the Paradigms because of the tax! :angry:

Also JasonGT, I was just curious, where are you seeing the retail prices or do you just happen to know the list prices just from shopping?

Jason GT

Second Unit
Roland,

I have no real idea of list prices. I'm a bit more familiar with the Studio line because that's what I purchased (plus a retailer occasionally publishes a flyer with Paradigm Reference list prices). Have you tried calling Paradigm? When I was getting my feet wet in HT just over a year ago, I think the Titans listed at $250/pr and Phantoms at $650 or $700. Not exactly what you're looking for but perhaps useful as a baseline.

25% off is pretty good particularly if you have no buying history with the guy and/or if you're not buying a package (on a side note, it makes me wonder about how excessive the markup on Paradigm products is :) ).

Regarding the JBLs - do audition them and go for them if you like 'em. Don't forget to account for possible duties and taxes as you cross the border. Big Brother is Watching. However, if you do hear the JBLs and don't like them compared to the Esprits, don't buy them. You'll regret not saving up the extra $50 for what you thought was a better product.

GregClarke

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a pair of Monitor 7 v3 for $499 on boxing day here in Ottawa.
Haven't had a lot of time, but so far they sound great. They are replacing the 7se I bought 15-20 years ago. I guess the centre (cc300) is next. cc350 or cc370?

Greg

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Liptons Electronis in Newmarket had them on boxing day.

I remember an ad from Audio 1 on Steeles just West of York University.

BOTH had the $400 thing attached

If I still had the paper I'd confirm the price for ya!

B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks