What's new

What is the one title you would sell your whole collection to be released (1 Viewer)

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit

I think you're collection is pretty safe, considering Philip K. Dick's current status...

As for a DVD I'd kill for, Kafka. I'd love to part ways with my aging VHS copy.

8^B

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
My dream DVD(s) will never happen: a box set collection of jazz performances, the ones I see on PBS all the time, but they never show the performances for more than a minute and they have some douchebag like Stanley Crouch or Wynton Marsalis talking over it. Anyone who's watched the Ken Burns Jazz series knows what I'm talking about. Assemble those performances, do one of those fancy mastering jobs that make old movies look awesome, and work extra-hard on the audio, with maybe even a 5.1 mix in addition to the mono or stereo.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

A Philip K. Dick would not only be invasive but impossible. A nice featurette on the author would be nice but frivolous to all who have read Lawrence Sutin's tremendous biography.

I would start a fresh collection for a region 1 Trouble in Mind SE

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Phillip K. Dick has been dead more than 20 years, but that didn't stop Walt Disney from doing commentary on a few movies.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Why would the death of Philip K. Dick stop Disney from doing commentaries? ;)

I'd acquiesce my entire collection for Star Wars (OT), original release, on DVD. Of course, that assumes it's the only copy available. I would then hold it ransom to recoup my sacrifice and a tidy profit. :) If it's not the only copy, I'll let one of these other fellow make the sacrifice and I'd buy in on sale once available.

I'd give $15 - $20 for a widescreen version of Babe (the talking pig movie).

DennisW

Auditioning
I'd grin for a decade for an anamorphic "The Music Lovers" and "Savage Messiah" to round out the Ken Russell sexual quadrilogy with the already released "Women In Love" and the upcoming "The Devils". Don't know if they are going to restore "The Devils", but anything would be better then the VHS copy I have--what a dog of a transfer. In one scene, all you see are two noses at the edges of the frame. These four are arguably one of the greatest sequence of feature films since forever, however damned they may be individually. Russell was at his peak at the time.

There are a lot of rumors as to what kind of "The Devils" we shall see. As a teenager, I saw it the night it premiered in New York City (I assume it was cut somewhat from the UK, but was longer then what I have seen in the last two decades), and it was a great experience.
People were actually running up the aisles to leave during the exorcism sequence. What fun!

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
I'd really like to see the Sam Peckinpah created TV show "The Westerner" starring Brian Keith released. I saw two episodes the other night in my Peckinpah course one was the pilot which was an episode of Zane Grey Theater and the other episode was "Jeff" which was really great tale that I was surprised they could get away with back then.
Wouldn't sell my collection though since I've already spent at least 3,000 on it.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
Although I wouldn't trade my collection for them, the movies I've been waiting for ever since I got my first DVD player are:

Band Wagon (1953) (I know, it's coming)
Split Image (1982)
Bells Are Ringing (1960) (yeah, it's coming too)

Hello,

I cannot part with any DVD in my collection other than Shangai Knights and Stardom.

But what I really, really, really want is a new HD transfer of Blade Runner.

To be shipped on multiple DVDs if need be. I don't care. I want the best version possible of this movie which is in my Top 5.

Thanks

François

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Repulsion R2 .

i've ordered several things from Tony since March.
i have the highest regards for his service (and i think his prices w/ shipping are more than competative with ordering direct from overseas retailers).

the special features (at least the commentary) i believe are a direct port from the criterion LD.
it's also avbailable in a 4 dvd set with a couple of Polanski's other early films

AndyDK

Auditioning
Hello,

I'm new here.

Let me just add The Gumball Rally. Even if it's just with a cleaned up print and 5.1 sound would be enough for me.
But if they would put some extra's on the dvd it would be great.:emoji_thumbsup:

walter o

Supporting Actor
a DVD of THE OUTSIDER (1979) would be nice.

As for DAY THE CLOWN DIED, I read Lewis's interview, and the film IS incomplete, the last act needed to be filmed, there is no post production work done, so watching it wopuld be like watching a string of outtakes, wouldn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks