What's new

What is the one show you think has been ignored that should be released on DVD? (1 Viewer)

RobinO

Stunt Coordinator

LOL - I never thought of that. Will have to try it out on my brother now :)

Did you see that the rumor is St. Elsewhere will be released this fall?

Robin

MarcoAD

Stunt Coordinator
I would have to add "Young Indiana Jones" the list. From what I understand it's in the works but we shall see.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
There are a number of "classic" shows that I think are being overlooked and are more than worthy. Shows like FATHER KNOWS BEST, ROUTE 66, and THE UNTOUCHABLES have to be near the top. And we all know there are issues that have prevented popular series like BATMAN or THE WONDER YEARS from being released and although neither is at the top of my personal wishlist they would both surely be out by now if not for the legal/music issues.

But above all else, the one show that has been overlooked (and it just blows me away that this series isn't out yet) has got to be

THE FUGITIVE.

Gary "I just can't understand why Paramount is sitting on this one" O.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I have to add this one. Another series besides "Early Edition" (it's amazing that "King Kong" streets today and nothing on "Early Edition", or even "Homefront", and "Early Edition" is 21st in the "Unreleased Rank" with 2,836 votes) that's been ignored is "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis".

So both "St. Elsewhere" and "The Man from U.N.C.L.E" might be coming... anyone want to guess what the next series might get released? It would be interesting to keep track what gets knocked off this list.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You mean the studios have been embarassed-enough by my Dr. Craig head-butting campaign to finally yield to my demands?! :D

Last I heard in the Hill Street/St. Elsewhere thread running in this forum, there was an R2 release scheduled for later this year. I haven't heard anything about an R1 release. Where did you hear this?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Linda: Thanks! I figured it would be our good friends at TVShowsonDVD.com that would have that info (or "rumor").

I'm willing to be cautious and take a wait-and-see attitude...but I think I'll at least cut back on the Dr. Craig head butts for awhile. I've been getting some massive headaches lately! :D

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I can't pick just one, so I'll list four:

THE FUGITIVE (1963-67, Paramount)
THRILLER (1960-62, Universal)
THE ADDAMS FAMILY (1964-66, MGM/Sony)
M-SQUAD (1957-60, Universal)

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I actually would love to see WWE Monday Night Raw on dvd.

It would be a huge undertaking probably be done in Volumes more so than seasons.

But I would snatch them up so fast.

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
thirtysomething

I'd pay suggested retail for these season sets. And suggested retail is something I've never done for any of the 900+ titles I own. I'm willing to pay; I'm just waiting for a company to make the product available...

If My So-Called Life & Once and Again can get DVD releases, then so can this series.

Craig LaF

Auditioning
Why have they not put out the fourth and final season of Starsky and Hutch yet, it has been over a year since the season three release.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Beetlejuice.

One of the most creative and original animated series of it's time, when TV animation was not of the highest quality standards. Tim Burton even had a direct hand in writing a number of episodes. Lots of fun, great concepts and designs. Highly imaginative. Funny. A definite candidate for a long overdue series which was at the height of it's popularity 20 some years ago and has never yet been given it's due.

I hope Warner Bros. gets around to releasing this gem along with a new SE of the live-action film. It would make for a perfect promotional tie-in.

And at this point, I'd even be satisfied by a compilation release with a selection fo the better episodes. As long as they don't take cues from Disney and release all of 3 episodes...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks