What is the OAR for 'Philadelphia'?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thomas_Berg, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i'm asking this b/c in my college film class, the professor showed it in 4:3. i'm really hoping (for the instructor's sake) that it was indeed shot in 1.33:1 b/c otherwise they will be hearing alot from me about this! the movie was shown on a far less-than-decent projector in stereo and in 4:3. come on people-- this is a COLLEGE LEVEL FILM CLASS!!!

2. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

"Philadelphia was shot at 1.37:1 and matted to 1.85:1 for theatrical presentation. The movie should have been presented at 1.85:1 in your film class.

3. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

I doubt the projector had 1.85:1 aperture plates installed, so it was probably just projecting in open-matte.

4. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Due to the financial issues of some colleges, most of my film classes had to make due with VHS tape. Even worse, the professors had to lecture about framing and composition while an open-matte or pan & scanned film played over the TV.

Thankfully, a new auditorium was set up with a DVD player hooked up to a LCD projector although I only had a few classes in this room.

5. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

How long ago did you go to college, rutger? Cause I thought you had connections with the studios and you make it sound like you just recently got out of college. Climbing up the corporate ladder quickly or just a plothole? [​IMG]

6. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Graduated two years ago. Decided to go back to take a few new classes that they offered. This is when I discovered the new auditorium.