What is the name of this movie????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Josh L, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Josh L

Josh L Stunt Coordinator

Ok I know this is a long shot but I am desperate!

I saw this movie, I would say in the mid to late 80s.

I have forgotten the name and have spent the last 10 years trying to figure it out.

Anyway here are some bits that I can remember.

-Sci-Fi theme.

-The Villan is an alien? blue face maybe? with long red eyelashes.

-Lead actress possibly a former Playboy model??

-Title may have the word "underground" in it. (maybe)

Ok I know this isn't much but maybe someone can help. I know one of the characters (whether he was the villan or not remains to be determined) had long red eyelashes.

Anyway anyone have any ideas? Ring a bell in anyones head?

:b

Thank you in advance. I have a feeling this will be quest that will last the rest of my life.

I have spent many hours searching the IMDB with no luck.

2. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann

3. Josh L

Josh L Stunt Coordinator

Jeff Goldblum looks blue in that but does he have really sick looking looooong red eyelashes?
    I will rent it tonight but I have a feeling it isn't the one [​IMG]
    I also remember that the back of the VHS tape box may have had a picture of a girl on a beach....?
    Maybe the whole thing was a dream...but I am almost positive such a movie exists.

4. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Maybe Galaxina, a sc-fi movie from the eighties that starred former Playboy Playmate Dorothy Stratton (who was subsequently murdered by her estranged boyfriend)?

5. andrew markworthy

It sounds more and more like Earth Girls are Easy - the woman on the beach (Little Nell from the Rocky Horror Show) sings 'I'm a blonde', a hymn to gold-diggers everywhere ('can't spell BMW, but I've got a Porsche'). My wife (blonde, can spell BMW and drives a Peugeot 307) loves it.

6. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Julie Brown sings that song in Earth Girls..I don't believe she was in Rocky Horror. BTW, did you see her in Clueless? Yikes![​IMG]

7. Josh L

Josh L Stunt Coordinator

SHOOT!
    Galaxina was on last night on Showtime Beyond (which unfortunately I do not get [​IMG] )
    I didn't get a chance to pick up Earth Girls but I was doing some research and I saw some pictures from the film and I really don't think that is the one.
    This blue villan/alien I remember had long red eyelashes. It doesn't look like Jeff Goldblum's character in Earth Girls has them.
    hmmmmm.....
    What could it be?

8. Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson Second Unit

Did a search on google for "blue alien long red eyelashes", and came up with a few things---could it be:
    Alien from L.A. starring Kathy Ireland?
    Synopsis: ALIEN FROM L.A. (1987)--Directed by Albert Pyun. Stars Kathy Ireland, William R. Moses, Don Michael Paul, Linda Kerridge, Richard Haines. In this dull fantasy, a shy, near-sighted wallflower (Ireland) travels to Africa to find her missing explorer father (Haines), and stumbles into a primitive underground civilization. She finds him with the help of a cranky miner (Moses). Ireland's annoying, high-pitched voice may drive you to drink. Nothing here you haven't seen done better elsewhere. If you can sit through until the end, you get to see the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED cover girl in a bikini! From the director of CAPTAIN AMERICA, and produced by the notorious Cannon Group team of Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus. Was skewered as an episode of MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000.
    I read a crappy review where it mentioned a character with long 3 inch red eyelashes that extended down past his cheeks.
    Could that be it?
    Here's a random link to a review:
    Scifilm review
    Andy

9. Josh L

Josh L Stunt Coordinator

You know what Andy? That my very well be it!!!
    [​IMG]
    I am going to try and find a place that has it for rent, then hopefully I can put this mystery to rest!

10. Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson Second Unit

Rock on, Josh. If you follow the Scifilm link, it has a link in it to a review of the sequel "Journey to the Center of the Earth". If there are returning characters/cast members, it could have been that movie as well.

Andy

11. Josh L

Josh L Stunt Coordinator

I will check that out.
    I found a place that has it for sale and I think we may have a winner. Look at the cover-art:
    http://store6.yimg.com/I/graveyard_1709_7864847
    Looks like a girl on a beach!!!
    Can't wait to get my hands on a copy. I'm sure it will be a silly movie but it will be nice to lay this baby to rest!

12. Josh L

Josh L Stunt Coordinator

Also it looks like the main character's name is Wanda!

For a while I remember thinking that the movie was A Fish Called Wanda

Of course when I watched that one a few years ago I realized I was completely wrong. I knew that Wanda had something to do with the movie I was in search of though!

EEEEP!

This is great!