What's new

What is the music in The Green Mile trailer ? (1 Viewer)

Max Renn

Auditioning
It may sound a bit odd, but is there anybody who knows where the music in the Green Mile trailer comes from ? I know for sure it is not part of the original soundtrack. It has been taken from the music of another film, but which one ?

Thanks !

Eve T

Supporting Actor
After popping in my trusty Green mile DVD I went directly to the trailor to listen to the music in it. As far as I can see this is the same music that was used in The Shawshank redemption, infact I'm almost certain of it.

Both are excellent movies from Castle rock entertainment. I could be wrong though, but it sounded very much like that of the music from the Shawshank redemption.

Peace,

Eve

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
An excellent resource for all sorts of information on film soundtracks is Soundtrack.net. They even have a page dedicated to trailer music. Eve is correct, music from The Shawshank Redemption is used in the trailer for The Green Mile. It also contains music from The Horse Whisperer. Both of these scores (as well as that for The Green Mile) were written by Thomas Newman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks