What's new

What is the most disturbing movie you have ever seen? (1 Viewer)

Wes C

Supporting Actor
Requiem for a Dream
Kids
Clockwork Orange - saw it for the first time when i was 13. Now its one of my favorite movies.

I love all of the above movies by the way. But, Clockwork is the only I have seen more than once.

EDIT: I did think of one VERY disturbing movie that I hate, Natural Born Killers.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I was actually gonna mention Bad Lieutenant. The first time I attempted to watch that movie, I was about 12 and it was the NC-17 version. BIG MISTAKE. As I said I attempted to get through it. Plus it didn't help that my mom was walking around the house. So I turned it off and returned it. I;ve since seen both the R and NC-17 versions. Both twisted.
Once I was talking to a customer about Abe Ferrara movies and BL came up. He said "I guess that's a 'feel good' movie. You see how screwed up that guy is and you feel good that it's not you.
Anyone seen Mondo New York? That was a strange one. One that I saw at the tender age of 10. I'm not exactly sure if there was a point to it but after all it was 'Fine Arts'.
This was a great idea for a thread BTW

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I didnt find Requiem for a Dream all that shocking or disturbing, Brilliant film though. Ive watched it quite a bit actually.

I dont ever get disturbed by a movie, but theres been a handful that have scared me or made me very tense:
The Ring
Ravenous - Guy pearce setting his broken leg back. Whoa!
Event Horizon - Scared the crap outta me, I was all alone in a completely dark theater, freaked me out.
Stir of Echoes - Kevin Bacon turns on the TV and walks back and BAM! Shes there on the couch, nearly gave me a heart attack.

Thats about it.

In my mind no movie can go too far, goin far is brilliance!

J

John Ford

My vote goes to "Cube". The idea of going to sleep in your home and waking up in the middle of a giant death machine with no explanation at all is my idea of a nightmare.
johnf

Anthony Connor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony Connor
I have seen Seven and Event Horzion. Event Horison I think lost the plot half way through, and it could have been so good. It stuck with me for a while, but the worst thing was that I took my wife ( now )to see it on a date. !!!

I watched resident evil last week, and I was disturbed by that. Especially the opening scene with the elevator. I have scene dropping elevators before, but this one stuck with me, and the part where the woman trys to get out of the lift and gets stuck. ewww.

I haven't seen threads yet, but it has been a movie I have always wanted to see.

I think I am getting soft in my old age. hehe.... Resident Evil was a bit loud.

Regards
AXE

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Good call on I Spit On Your Grave. What a reprehensible flick that is. Another one I saw around the same time:

Bloodsucking Freaks

Argh, it's a "torture show" indeed!

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Anthony: there's an even better version of that scene in a Dutch film called The Lift. It's the other way around, though: a guy's outside the elevator(looking down the shaft), the doors close on him, and the elevator lowers. Just FYI...

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
"The Prince of Darkness"

I saw it as a kid, and never again. I recommended it to a friend not too long ago as a really scary movie. He saw it and said it wasn't that scary, and that maybe it was just because it was cause I was so young that I was scared, and I should watch it again and see. SCREW THAT!! :)

I second "Event Horizen". Any movie where they gouge their own eyes out, in fact..

Oh, and the "Dark Crystal" messed me up as a kid, too. Especially that scene where those big rabbits the heroes are riding on are killed by the beetles, and where the essence is sucked out of the little people.. Still can't bring myself to watch THAT one again, either

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator
No one's mentioned my pick: Funny Games. It's the only film I've seen where I was pretty sure that the director* hated me, personally. Anyone else here seen it?

--K

*(Michael Haneke, The Piano Teacher, Code Unknown)

James Miranda

Auditioning
A Clockwork Orange - disturbing, but good
Natural Born Killers - disturbing, but pathetic
Kids - I must've led a sheltered life.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
The Phantom Menace! Come on, someone had to come up with that joke sooner or later. :D

But seriously the one movie that has very much disturbed me and that is not mentioned is “Caligula unrated”. It still disturbs me a lot.

There are many horror and fantasy movies that are shocking but since they are fiction, they don’t have a deep impact. Maybe movies based on real events are more disturbing. One other movie that was very disturbing for me (you should look at it in the context of time) (and again not mentioned) is "JFK"! I was young and naïve when I saw it and it practically made me sick for few days!

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Event horizon.

I don't know, but something about seeing people sliding down slides of barb wire and razor blades gives you that not so wonderfull feeling.

I liked LF but I just didn't enjoy the Hell flashes of people being mutilated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks