What's new

What is the most disturbing movie you have ever seen? (1 Viewer)

Ehren G

Grip
I would say Clockwork Orange because of the "Singin in the Rain" scene.

Schindler's List during the Auswich scenes I almost fainted.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm watching a rather disturbing one right now called Suicide. It's being released today, actually, by Troma.

Pretty icky.

Matt-Brooks

Agent
The most scary movie I've seen and still creeps me out to this day would be Twin Peaks(last episode) and Twin Peaks:Fire walk with me.I think I saw them back in 90/91 and I still wake up at night thinking of the Red Room.

Meet The Feebles and City of God were good films but were just disturbing. Alive was another film I can't watch.

Rajvir

Agent
Deliverance is one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen. I didn't catch till last year and I had heard about the classic for years and vaguely knew what it was about. But nothing prepared me for the "Squeal like a pig" scene, although it was made in 1972 that scene would shock audiences in 2004. I have always found "hicks" extremely disturbing and that movie is the epitome of hick movies. It has already been mentioned, but the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is another disturbing film. The Southern setting of that film also gives it that extra eery feel.

David Levy

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not much for getting too freaked out these days, but back when I was a kid a friend had a copy of Waxwork, and bearing in mind I was about eight years old at the time, it was one that certainly had been genuinely scared for a long time.

The part where they pick away the wax to reveal wax organs was seriously disturbing. Mind you, it was 1988 or so...

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I am both intrigued and appalled at the concept behind Suicide. That's usually a winning combination for the sort-of-serious Troma films.

Good review.

I thought of another that I found rather disturbing. One of the best cases of disturbing cinema is where they manage to humanize and all you to understand actions and concepts you would normally find incomprehensible. In that way, I think Kissed accomplishes that with the subject of necrophilia. In a similar way, Chuck Palhaniuk's book Lullaby gets close to the same mark (as he does with other fringe concepts in his other stories).

Phil Carter

Second Unit
Real Name
Phil
I must be a masochist. Not only have I plowed through this entire thread, I've been making little mental jottings as to what I should keep an eye out for.

Oh, by the way, to those of you who mentioned "Threads", THANKS A LOT. I had managed somehow to purge my memories of that horrifying film (I too saw it on TV in the mid-80s, like many others), and now you all go and bring it all back. Thanks, guys. :)

I need to bite the bullet and see "Requiem for a Dream". So many people have told me that it's a great film that I just need to watch it. I'll be sure to keep a nice pleasant film handy to watch afterwards, though; perhaps "The Iron Giant" or something similarly heartwarming.

cheers,
Phil

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
The german film Anatomy has some rather...interesting parts.

Plus it stars Franka Potente and she's fairly easy on the eyes...although what she goes through in the film isn't. :)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
My vote would be for a movie that I saw one late night on Showtime back in the 90's. I'm not sure of the title but it starred Judd Nelson. I never seen the entire movie but unfortunately I did come upon several scenes where a guy got his kicks by burying people alive and placing a camera in the coffin so he could watch them freak out, then die of suffocation. Horrible. I can't imagined a person imagining these things.

Another that I have is for a show that's not really a movie, but it scared the @#*! out of me. I was hosted by Orson Welles and aired on HBO when I was about 8 or 9. It's called "The Man Who Saw Tomorrow". It's about the prophecies of Nostradamus.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
For the record, I bought Requiem For A Dream expecting to be completely torn apart, but I didn't find it the least bit disturbing, mostly because of the cartoony way it was filmed and acted. Still an incredible film, but the way it's played out it's really hard to feel sorry for the characters.

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
"Threads" and "Testament" . . . . brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nice thing about Testament was there were no gratuitous mushroom cloud shots, just a sad, disturbing, depressing film.

But "Threads" . . . . rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks