What's new

What is the latest version of Paradigm Studio 60 Towers? (1 Viewer)

HT4ME

Agent
Real Name
Matthew Lennartz
Team,

I am looking at a full Paradigm configuration for my basement (once it is finished!). I received a quote for the following and am trying to compare it to internet prices; however, all that Google had to offer were old posts some of which were from as a far back as 2004. Can someone tell me what the latest version of the following speakers are? I am a newbie which is probably obvious from this question! :)

(2) Paradigm Studio 60 Towers (Fronts)
- (1) Paradigm Studio CC-590 (Center)
- (4) Paradigm AMS-150R-15 In-Ceiling Speakers (Rears)
- (2) Paradigm Monitor Sub 10
- (1) Denon AVR-X4000 Surround Sound Receiver
- (1) Oppo BDP-103 Bluray Player
- (1) Control4 HC250 Home Controller
- (1) Control4 SR250 Handheld Remote with Charging Base
- (1) Installation, MISC Install Material and Programming

Thank you for your consideration!

~HT4ME

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Currently on V5.

V6 is "rumored" to be out at any time.

Considering the love each version gets, I don't think it matters. But many people consider V3 better than V4. V5 "went back", for some people, to the capabilities of 3. The people on here with V2, probably wouldn't sell them.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way, let us know your take on the X4000(or the "baby 4520").

I'm less than impressed with the 1000/2000 model Denon. They suck. E series isn't worth the time/effort. The E200 is this years "Why do I even exist?" AVR.

HT4ME

Agent
Real Name
Matthew Lennartz
schan1269 said:
By the way, let us know your take on the X4000(or the "baby 4520").

I'm less than impressed with the 1000/2000 model Denon. They suck. E series isn't worth the time/effort. The E200 is this years "Why do I even exist?" AVR.
I will be sure to update you once the system is up and running. Thanks for your help.

~HT4ME

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way, I like the X4000. It actually has a chance to compete(price and features wise) with Onkyo.

It has "just enough" of the good stuff that debuted with the 4520...that it is very hard to justify spending more than the price of admission to get the 4000. The $1300-$1600 price point has been owned by Onkyo for more than 5 years. The 4000 will probably be the first Denon I recommend 1st(in its price range) in almost a decade.

The rest of the line...especially the X1000..come on. That one is going to get slaughtered in the marketplace.

HT4ME

Agent
Real Name
Matthew Lennartz
schan1269 said:
By the way, I like the X4000. It actually has a chance to compete(price and features wise) with Onkyo.

It has "just enough" of the good stuff that debuted with the 4520...that it is very hard to justify spending more than the price of admission to get the 4000. The $1300-$1600 price point has been owned by Onkyo for more than 5 years. The 4000 will probably be the first Denon I recommend 1st(in its price range) in almost a decade.

The rest of the line...especially the X1000..come on. That one is going to get slaughtered in the marketplace.
I did take a hard look at Onkyo but the 4000 just felt right. I have to tell you, there are allot of considerations that need to become decisions when choosing a home theater system. It is so much more than picking out a speaker and going on your merry way. Through this and other forums, in addition to research, research, research, I have fallen in love with HT. No exaggeration! I am about to purchase my first HT and am already looking forward to upgrading!
Thanks,

~HT4ME

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks