What is the latest on BUCKAROO BANZAI?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Floto, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

I know they pulled the previously announced release of The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension to put together a Special Edition, but when is that supposed to be announced?
    Has anyone heard anything about a release date, or what extras might be on the disc?
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

2. Robert George

Robert George Screenwriter

MGM has not yet announced a date, but it is in the works. Because there hasn't been an announcement yet, I couldn't weedle any info out of them when we spoke a week ago. All they would say is it will happen, but not this year.

3. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    Funny this should come up... I was reading the latest reviews by DVD Savant over at DVD Talk. For those that don't know, DVD Savant is Glenn Erickson. He used to write for Steve Tannehill's late (and greatly missed) DVD Resource site. He has been working in Hollywood for (I believe) the past couple of decades as an editor, and lately a producer of DVD documentaries. In his review of the upcoming Blood Simple DVD , he talks about the unusual commentary on that disc. Then he adds this footnote:

4. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

Looks like it's coming to us on January 4th. Woohoo! [​IMG]

5. Roger Mathus

Roger Mathus Supporting Actor

Roger Mathus