What's new

What is the general opinion on Paradigm? Studio 60's? (2 Viewers)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
As in, are they generally though of as really good or just OK?

I have always liked their products and am going to look at the Studio 60's one of these days. I have plenty of subwooferage, I just need quality.

Any input?

keir

Stunt Coordinator
i have always heard that paradigm studio series are great speakers. accurate frequency response and good sensitivity and ability to handle some loud dynamic peaks, and cost less than most speakers with their fidelity. a search should turn up about a billion topics for you to read ;)

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
A search will find many results, but personally I own a pair (v.2), and I love them...

I drive them with a Denon 3802, and they were a significant upgrade in sound quality when compared to my previous pair of Paradigm Monitor 5's.

I may be biased on the subject, but I believe they are quite popular because of their value, since they're made in Canada...do a search, you'll find alot:)

I love my studio 60's. After auditioning several speakers in their price range I found myself most impressed with the Paradigms. best thing for you to do is to go have a listen for yourself as your ears may prefer something different.

Paradigms are highly regarded as being excellent sounding speakers in their respective price ranges.

Bill

Nathan Porteous

Stunt Coordinator
The 60's are a excellent speaker do a search on the web i did my research for a month with auditioning included and never found 1 even ho hum review all that i found said they were some of the best speakers in their price range. so in my opinion since i own them i would say they are fantastic there imaging is awsome!!

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

Gee... that's great. Doesn't mean a thing.

I agree 100%, along with the above posts. They are very nice indeed, and a solid value.

But you should still go listen to them along with as much else in a similar price range to see what you like. Looks wear off REALLY fast, crappy sound does not. I think most likely you'll love them, but tastes differ, and there are lots of people around here who would prefer something else instead, or flat-out not like them at all. You should go listen, and decide whether they are right for you.

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, although I agree so far with the posts. The best judgement would be your own ears. Paradigm speakers have their own "inherent character" of sound, just like B&W, Martin Logans, Energy, Totem, Axiom, Thiel, Sonus Faber, etc. Some people like them, some don't.

However, in general, the Studio series are highly regarded speakers from this forum and also from the guys in Stereophile magazine. Apparently the Studio series has very good measurable results when tested in a lab (accurate, smooth, flat response, etc.)

I myself own Studio 100s v.3, Studio 470, and Studio 80s for the rear, Servo-15. Love them...but defenitely listen to them and compare them with other similar quality speakers and see which "sound" you prefer.

If possible, try and A/B them with speakers twice their price and see if the law of diminishing returns applies..it did for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks