What is the difference

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Father John A, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Father John A

Father John A Stunt Coordinator

Since Sony's comparison charts are so poor, could anyone tell me the difference between these two 32" DV sets?

KV-32FS210 & KV-32FS100

The main diff I see is the 16:9 enhanced mode which is absentr on the newer more expensive model (I don't even know what this feature is but it sounds important).

Thanks.

2. ChristianS

ChristianS Extra

The major difference between the two is that the 210 has 2 tuner picture in picture while the 100 does not. Aside from that, they are the same television. Hope this answers your question.

3. Father John A

Father John A Stunt Coordinator

Ok that helps a bit. I presume that means that it can display 2 PIPs at the same time whereas the other can only display one?

Too many models. Can someone tell me the differncebetween these:

Sony KV-32FS100
    Sony KV-32FS200
    Sony KV-32FV310
    Sony KV-32FV300
    Sony KV-32FS210

I have decided that with technology changing so fast I will just get a 32" to tide me over. My only major concern is HDTV. Though I am not interested in HD per se I worry that when the signal is universally switched over my analog set will be useless (since I don't beleive any of these is HD compatible). Is this the case or am I missing something?

4. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Two tuners means that the PIP can have independant channels on it.

One Tuner PIP needs an external VCR to provide that second signal/tuner.

Regards

5. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

By the time the analog transmitters are turned off, you will be able to buy a converter box that will tune the digital channel and convert it for use with you analog tv for about what a vcr costs now.

The analog transmissions will not be turned off until 2006 or when something like 90% of the viewers in a given market are capable of receiving the digital signal, whichever comes LAST, so the tv will probably be dust long before the analog is turned off.