What's new

What is the best way to repair a chip on my Toshiba CZ36V61 Stand (1 Viewer)

Mark Br

Grip
Well what can I say, I'm a freak and I'm sure I'm not alone. I have a small chip on the very front base of the stand. Whenever I look at the TV, I just get focused on the exposed wood color (it's really small). What is the best way to repair this? I have no problems spending money on fixing it, I would like to repair this the best way possible. Is there paint I can order from Toshiba..any suggestions guys..thank you.

Stefan A

Second Unit
If it is small enough, like you say, paint will probably do the trick. If the indentation is big enough, get some wood filler from Home Depot or something. Once it dries, sand it evenly and smoothly - and then paint it.
Stefan Antwarg

Mark Br

Grip
Stefan,
Thanks for the reply. My problem is I want a paint that will match the finish exactly. Is it possible to know exactly what kind of paint Toshiba used for this stand? also is there anywhere that actually sells small viles of paint? ot will I have to buy like a small can?
Thanks.

Stefan A

Second Unit
At Homedepot I have seen minwax paint pens. Maybe some other brands as well. I don't know if "paint pen" is the name - but that is what they look like. As far as knowing the exact color they used, I would think the only way to tell is by looking at the specifications in the manual - or contacting Toshiba. It is REAL hard to match paint. That's why when you are doing a large painting job that involves custom mixed paint, you have to get more than you think. Even the same person with the same brand of paint and the same ratios of paint color may not get the exact color again. You can experiment. Sand it off if it doesn't match. This could get expensive and tedious though - to keep buying different color paints and trying to mix them. I would just go with the closest pen you can find. If it is a little off, you will probably get over it in a few days.
BTW, is this just wood. Or is there laminate involved?
Stefan

Mark Br

Grip
Can't seem to find the manual that came with my Toshiba stand. As for the finish, I'm really bad when it cmes to stufff like this..im not sure if laminate is involved

Robert Fellows

Stunt Coordinator
Take part of the stand to Home Depot, or the like, and have them mix you a quart of paint to match, via the computer.
------------------
Bob
p.s.: This advice is worth exactly what you paid for it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks