What is the best way to clean an RPTV screen?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Matthew Brown, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

I need to clean the screen of my Panasonic 47WX49 RPTV and was wondering what is best to use.

I had some work done a while back on it and the technician installed a free protective screen. I recently noticed dirt in between the protective screen and the regular ones.

I had already taken it apart and cleaned it once using a soft cloth but I noticed more dirt after closing it back up.

Is there anything that is made for this type of screen? I don't want to scratch it but the clothe didn't seem to do the job.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I am in a similar situation with the same model TV. I talked to a local HiFi shop, and the person said just a damp cloth would work, but be gentle. And he offered the suggestion of a softhead toothbrush lightly on hte screen to get in the grooves. I still am scared to do anything to this screen.

3. JoeRiley

JoeRiley Stunt Coordinator

Best Buy sells a little kit for RPTV cleaning... should be right out back in the home-theater/big tv section.

I think it's by Monster... and it runs $20.

4. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate it.

Matt

5. JoshuaT

JoshuaT Stunt Coordinator

The kit that BB sells is a microfiber, the one from Monster. It is very good as I have been using it for about two years. The static free spray won't help you too much in your situation but is really good as well. Always use a microfiber!! Don't break out your I don't care how soft it is dish towel!!! Use microfiber!

~josh