1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best way to clean an RPTV screen?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Matthew Brown, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

I need to clean the screen of my Panasonic 47WX49 RPTV and was wondering what is best to use.

I had some work done a while back on it and the technician installed a free protective screen. I recently noticed dirt in between the protective screen and the regular ones.

I had already taken it apart and cleaned it once using a soft cloth but I noticed more dirt after closing it back up.

Is there anything that is made for this type of screen? I don't want to scratch it but the clothe didn't seem to do the job.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I am in a similar situation with the same model TV. I talked to a local HiFi shop, and the person said just a damp cloth would work, but be gentle. And he offered the suggestion of a softhead toothbrush lightly on hte screen to get in the grooves. I still am scared to do anything to this screen.

3. JoeRiley

JoeRiley Stunt Coordinator

Best Buy sells a little kit for RPTV cleaning... should be right out back in the home-theater/big tv section.

I think it's by Monster... and it runs $20.

4. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate it.

Matt

5. JoshuaT

JoshuaT Stunt Coordinator

The kit that BB sells is a microfiber, the one from Monster. It is very good as I have been using it for about two years. The static free spray won't help you too much in your situation but is really good as well. Always use a microfiber!! Don't break out your I don't care how soft it is dish towel!!! Use microfiber!

~josh