What's new

What is the best set for around $1000? (1 Viewer)

Kyle.G

Grip
That's about all I can afford to spend, maybe I can go up a little bit to $1100, but I'm looking for something in that area. I know that makes my options fairly limited, but I'm just wondering what all of you would recommend given those constraints?
Thanks!
Kyle

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I you have a Sam's club near you, your BEST bet is the Samsung TSL3295HF 32" flat screen HDTV for $999. I LOVE mine!

Chandra

Auditioning
I had the same kind of budget. After some research, I went with Sony Wega KV-36FS13. It's the lowest priced 36" Wega, but I like it so far. Haven't had the chance to calibrate it yet.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Try to go with the most current technology if at all possible. That Samsung sounds like an unbeatable deal.

george king

Supporting Actor
You could also get the Hitachi 32" HDTV ready set, which lists for $999.

IMHO, the Hitachi has a better picture than the Samsung. To my eyes, the colors seem richer and fuller. This set also does the squeeze. There are two considerations that may be important for you (they werent for me, and I got the 36" Hitachi). The set does not have a flat screen. This is a plus and a minus. On the plus side, this set does not suffer from ANY geometry problems that flat screens have. On the down side, if your room has a lot of windows, glare can be a problem. The second issue is that this set only has 1 set of component inupts, while I believe the Samsung has 2.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks