What is the best seating for a HT system? What brand? Money is not an issue..

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Juan_T, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Juan_T

Juan_T Stunt Coordinator

I want something that looks good and is comfortable.. What company manufactures the best HT seating?

2. Tim K

Tim K Second Unit

I think that the most popular "Home Theater" seating line is by Berkline. There are others that are similar and cheaper, and there are others that are much more expensive. Check the accessories forum over at AVS for discussions on Berklines and others.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...?s=&forumid=32

3. Kevin Stewart

Kevin Stewart Second Unit

Kevin Stewart
    While at avs, do a search on Coasters (or Coaster). Best bang for the buck, bar none.

Stew

4. Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio Screenwriter

Berkline is ok in comfort but there are quite a few that will beat the snot out of them in comfort and especially in looks. I am going back to The Great Indoors to look at a pair of chairs that I have found the most comfortable. Can't remember the brand but at $1500 a piece they weren't too pricey either.

5. Dave>h

Dave>h Second Unit

I recommend Ekornes Chairs. They have a patented comfort system which tilts your head forward when leaning back in the chair to keep your head positioned for looking at the screen. It is the BEST chair for Home Theater that I have ever seen.

I can post URL but it is at www-ekornes-com substitute periods for dashes.

Regards,

Dave

6. Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius Supporting Actor

I have the Coaster seats and they are truely the best bang for buck.

Pics here.

7. ScottATL

ScottATL Stunt Coordinator

There is something you don't see everyday.... The Patriots losing.

How much space did you need between your rear seat and the wall, and how much space between the back of the first row and the beginning of the 2nd?

I'm having the worst time getting started on my HT room because I can't find seating to fit the room. I need to put the seats against the rear wall, but you have to enter the room from the rear wall. These seats may be the answer as they are pretty affordable, and will fit better then a set of 4 across.

8. Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius Supporting Actor

Scott:

The riser is 130"x60"x8". The back of the chairs are 4" off the wall and drops straight down while reclining and not back like some other recliners.

Fully reclined the seats are 68" but at this position you would be laying almost totally horizontal. In a normal reclined position it's about 55". The front row is 72" off the wall.

I'm happy I came across these chairs because I was about to buy some Lazy-Boys which cost over $4500 for one row[​IMG].

Good Luck.

Michael

9. Cameron_Johnson

Cameron_Johnson Auditioning

If you want some really great HT furniture, check out cinema tech, they make some of the most comfortable and gorgeous AV furniture.

-Cameron

10. ScottATL

ScottATL Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Michael, It always helps building something, when you do your planning properly. I'm contemplating everything and have changed my plans 5 or 6 times now. I think I'm finally set and ready to begin framing.