What's new

What is the best military based game for Xbox-PS2? (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Are there any?
Halo is good , but not enough interaction with the rest of the soldiers, the same goes for front-line on PS2. Normandy beach and the Arnhem knights board had the best solder interaction/combat on the game, super fun!!

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Commandos 2 on the 'Box may be what you're looking for, LaMarcus, 'tho it's more of a stategy game than an action game (isometric, three-quarter over-head view, vs. FPS). The game was scheduled for release in June, still no sign of it. Our big-box store here in Canada has it pencilled in for the end of August. Cheers.

DS.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Define "military-based". Are you just looking for a 1st-person shooter? There are good turn-based strategy games out there with a more "military" feel. Try Ring Of Red on the PS2, it's a turn-based mech combat game with a very unusual (some might say semi-offensive!) storyline.

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Right now, I'd have to say Medal of Honor 2 on the PS2. Crank it up on a good surround system(pro-logic II for best results) and it puts you in the thick of a WWII firefight. Some of the levels are pretty intense, especially in close quarters.

Marc.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Seems like what you are looking for is a more squad based affair. If that is so, Socom for the PS2 would be an excellent choice and you get the ability to play online. Not too mention is comes out in a short 2-3 weeks. Another interesting one coming for the PS2 is Tribes Aerial Assault.

If you are looking for such a title on the X-box you may want to keep an eye out for Brute Force which is very squad based in nature. You might also want to look out for Rainbow Six Raven Shield and Ghost Recon. Both of those will also be online compatible and are right up your alley I think...

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Romier, you hit the nail right on the head. A squad based game would be ideal. I also like games that you can give orders to your troops, that's some cool $#!t.
I meant too say earlier that I know SOCOM is coming out and it looks like it will be the game of the summer, possibly the year. There is just some very cool $H!T happening in that game, coopertive play with 4 players is nuff said alone, not to mention online play with the headset.
Stragetagy games are cool I guess, as long as there not like Command & Conquer I didn't really like that one too much.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
The first rainbow six on ps1 was kinda boring, they had the right idea but the application of it fell just a lil short.

It was appealing to me just because I love soldier games, so it wasen't a total piece of crap. I heard it was much better on the pc though.

If ghost is as good as it sounds then it may revitalize my faith and feelings towards the Tom Clancy titles.

Socom is going to be awesome to me, because of the cooperative play. Halo had the right idea, but they should have made it 4 player co-op like Socom, then it would've covered all the bases, no room for improvement.

I love games that are co-op. Only military co-op game I've ever play was Special Ops on PS1. Now that game was fun as hell! Graphics were a lil weak but the game play was awesome.

Brute force they have the right idea, but it would have been much better if it wasn't so fictional, but it still looks like it will be a fun one never the less. It will be a fun rental.

I could never get into PC games just because of 3 factors:

1.I can't play games on that lil ass screen.

2.I'm too lazy to install a good enough graphix card to play them and port them to the big screen.

3.Joystick, joystick, joystick!!!!!!

ChrisV

Second Unit
If ghost is as good as it sounds then it may revitalize my faith and feelings towards the Tom Clancy titles.
It is, and it will. That damn Splinter Cell looks like a real winner too.
And to avoid making this one of those lengthy quote-and-reply posts (it's too late isn't it?), I'll offer my own opinion on military console games. Ghost Recon is great on the PC, and as long as the control is reasonable on the Xbox it will be great there too. Here's hoping it works :).

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Hey my favorite board on Halo is the board they give you the tank on. Because I try to keep as many of my troops alive as possible. So far I've kept 9 out of a possible 11 (think 11)alive.
I've made my own game outta Halo, I play that board over and over again to see what new thing will happen, it's the one that starts off saying "I shoulda been your daddy" . So far I've had to snipers on the front of the tank (who are awesome by the way), two guys on the back of the tank, and one guy on a ghost (I think it called).But he always eventually tips it over (he can't steer too well). Then when we get to the bottom of the curved hill I've not lost any men down there, and the guys are still with me from when you first come outside.
I've said all that just in response to what ChrisV said. I try me best to keep the idiot marines alive. Their quite funny when you get enough of them together, their conversations are hilarious.
I think the board is called Assault on ...something, somebody help me out I think I may start a Halo challenge thread.

ChrisV

Second Unit
...The Control Room

That's nice work keeping that many Marines alive. I usually give it a halfhearted effort, but I inevitably end up more concerned with my own survival.

I like the idea of a challenge thread, although I doubt I would do very well as I haven't played as much as most here.

Damien

Supporting Actor
it would be really cool if bungie made an expansion pack with more levels that are mostly outdoors and utilize all of the vehicles.(the best parrts in Halo)

Anyway Prisoner of War is out next tuesday and may be right up your alley. Do some research and see if you like it

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
As I understand it Halo won't even be on line, that REALLY sucks!! But I'm having a Halo party at my house this weekend 8 people total. 4 on the big screen (ofcourse I will play on that) and another 4 on the 36" and link up 2 Xbox's should be a blast!!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
You can play Halo online right now if you want to, all you need is a hub/router/switch and your set.

Users who are viewing this thread