What's new

What is the best Home Theater in a Box? (1 Viewer)

scott lewis

Auditioning
What do you all recommend as the best Home Theater in a Box? Looking for a system with built in DVD. It is tough to decide with all the choices.

Steve_Blazer

Stunt Coordinator
Very much depends what you want/expect from a system I spose.

I'm not very familiar with HTIB systems as I havnt owned one.

One thing I can say is stay away from Bose unless you want to spend alot of $$ for not alot of bang.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I currently have a sony HTB set up. It was a inexpensive 550watt setup that is decent. I think it was around 350 or so when I got it a few years back.

DanHal

Stunt Coordinator
Onkyo is considered by many to have some of the best sounding HTiB's for the money. The Onkyo 780 can be had for well under $400.00, but does not include a DVD player. I would recommend staying away from any HTiB that has a built in DVD player into the receiver. In fact, stay FAR FAR away. If your DVD player ever breaks, then you are kind of out of luck. Onkyo also sells refurbished equipment, if you are looking for even a better deal.

Some may also suggest picking out the individual components, but if you are looking for the easiest route to go, I'd stay with an Onkyo system and the DVD player of your choice!

MikeNg

Second Unit
I think you'll have to specify a price range. There are boxes, and then there are boxes...

I've heard the HK CP series HTIB, and I thought it sounded pretty good - even for being set up at Fry's.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Don't get the integrated DVD player. This is always a bad move in my experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks