what is the best FPS on GameCube: Time Splitters 2 vs Jedi Outcast vs Medal Of Honor

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Illingworth, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

I want a new FPS but can't decide between the two. I still have to play Perfect Dark to get some killing done. Single player is the most important to me but I may make some friends in the new year so some value is placed on multi player, especially with bots. Whats your pick?

jeremy

2. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Single player? I'd go with JK2 or MoH.
    TS2 has a pretty weak single player mode, but shines in multiplayer. Although I wouldn't really know since all my friends like Halo and refuse to play anything else. Stubborn sons of... [​IMG]

3. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

I think TS2 has a great single-player game. So does Nightfire. MOH is better on Xbox thanks to Dolby Digital but I prefer TS2 on Cube.

I, for one, think Halo is perhaps the most over-rated game of all time (yes, I know you think I'm crazy, but I'm OK with that).

4. Angel Pagan

Angel Pagan Second Unit

I have TS2 and have rented and played MoH. Haven't tried Jedi Outcast so I won't comment on it. I feel that TS2 is a pretty good single player game but the multi-player option is where this game really shines. MoH is a great looking and sounding game but is lacking in the controls. I kept shooting just left or right of the enemy soldiers. Not very smooth when aiming and down-right frustrating. I remember playing MoH 1 & 2 for the PS1 and if the controls for the PS2 version are anything like the PS1 controls were (which seems to be the case judging by the reviews it got), then I would consider the PS2 (or Xbox) version to enjoy this great game. [​IMG]
    So, MoH for the Cube can be pretty frustrating. Especially after playing TS2 and Metroid Prime.
    My $.02 [​IMG]

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

TimeSplitters 2 also has an Arcade mode where you are put in multiplayer situations with objectives, like score 10 kills in 2 minutes, but this mode plays through like a single player game and can't be played with more than one person. There are 66 missions, and you can get a Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum medal on each (each successive award gives more rewards). This greatly extends the 10-level single player mode, plus there's the MapMaker mode where you can actually make story levels.

6. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I picked up Nightfire the other day and while not all of the game is FPS(there are driving levels and "on rails" levels) I'm really digging it so far. The multiplayer seems pretty good as well. If you like the Bond theme, Nightfire is great. It's way better than Agent Under Fire was.

7. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

I'd have to go with 007:Nightfire, because the aiming control (in crosshair mode) on Timesplitters2 sucks hard

8. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I played Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast, and the game was pretty cool, although it was harder than hell to control. Of course, being the second-biggest Star Wars fanboy on this forum, take my word with a grain of salt. [​IMG]