What's new

What is the best DVD Packaging out there? (1 Viewer)

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I need to buy a bunch of new DVD cases to replace some damaged cases, snappers, box sets, etc.

I was wondering what the general favorite DVD case is. I personally like the Alpha style cases, but I don't really have anything against Amray cases. I want to go with one or the other though.

Also, what are some of the best places online to buy cases?

Thanks for any info you guys can provide!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Get Amarays and slimline 2-disc amarays.

I've found Alpha cases to be really difficult for removing discs. Their 2-disc cases are nice, but if you want to save space, use the slim dual amarays.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I like the hub on Amarays the best. The hubs on Alphas are a little clumsy to me, but if you want cases larger than two disc, Alpha is really your only choice. I have only bought cases once, and probably got enough to hold me quite a while. I got them from inetdvd.com. They have quite a selection, but the double slim Amarays are always very hard to get. i kind of prefer the double Alphas anyway.

Of course, you can also get artwork to replace your snappers at DVDCoverart.com.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone ever order the Double DVD cases from Cyberdisk.org? From the picture, it looks to be the same case my copy of "A Beautiful Mind" came in, but I can't tell for sure. I'd be happy if it was, as I like that case design. (I'm wanting to get some slim double cases to replace a few double Alphas and some cardboard 2-disc cases (Harry Potter, Amelie, etc.) Here's the link: http://www.cyberdisk.org/doubledvdbox.html .
Many thanks
Dave C.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I did and I like them alot. I moved my Star Trek Directors Cut of TMP, TWOK and TSFS into those from the thick doubles they came in.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I just contacted Inetdvd about getting the slim double Amarays. I was informed that "They are back ordered for a year."

Doh!

Ric

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if there's a name for the keepcase that is kind of similar to an Amaray but the hub is on a single thumb-like lever? Image seems to be using this one a lot these days.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Charlie, I've never seen a DVD released in a slim jewel case, nor do I think we ever will. how can you read the spine for one thing.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks