What is the best *CD* only laptop burner, with no kernal is busy error?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by JonSpice, Feb 4, 2004.

1. JonSpice

JonSpice Stunt Coordinator

I put on simular post but I think you thought I wanted to burn DVD, all I want to burn is CD for files I collect. A friendly URL would be nice and a review of what worked for your laptop CD-R Recorder/DVD ROM drive. I am tired so tired of getting the 'kernal' program is running and no way to turn if off, even after I uninstall and reinstall it. I am running Dell I-8500 Windows XP 9000 Professional TIA [​IMG]

Edit I updated to Roxio 6.0 they had it $20 off and free UPS shipping of the disc, sorry no would could help this newbie to computers.

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

I'm not really sure what you are talking about here.

What do you mean by "so tired of getting the 'kernal' program is(sic) running"? [​IMG]

3. JonSpice

Max after drag and drop then I clicked record, you get error: conflict with kernel dual programs. The kernel was always the winner. There was no way to get rid of the error even uninstalling and resinstalling didn't help, I am waiting for my 6.0, up from 5.5 and the teaser was full of bugs at 5.0 disc.

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Hmm, I have no idea what Kernel is. I can only guess that you have another application which also wants to make use of the CD burner. Something like DLA - which I think is a packet writing program that treats a CD-R like any other drive, simulating file deletion/adding and so forth. This could be interfering with your regular software.

For what it is worth, I've always had trouble running EasyCD/Roxio on any XP-based PC. I just use Nero or CDRWIN instead.

5. Bob_Bo

Bob_Bo Agent

Jon,

The problem you are having sounds to be a conflict with your Roxio software and WINXP's built in writer software CD-Direct.

Roxio mentions this issue in their knowledge base.

Hope that helps.

6. JonSpice

Bob_Bo I hope the sent for 6.0 fires the kernel who makes a conflict a part of your CD burning life to be a past and cleared up BUG!