What is the best carousel player?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by EdNichols, Oct 15, 2003.

1. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

I would like the convenience of a carousel but I want the sound of a good quality player. I am looking for a Cd player but If it also plays DVD's that is OK. Any suggestions?

2. JackS

JackS Supporting Actor

Ed- Like you, I enjoy the convience of a changer. I currently own and use a Panasonic CP-72 which I'm happy with and was purchased primarily to obtain DVD-A.I'd reccommend this player but it's no longer available. I'm now thinking of adding another player for SACD. Sony's new ES changer and the megachanger are the ones I'm currently considering. The 5yr warranty does impart a degree of confidence and quality and considering the less than spectacular longivity of changers, these two are at the top of my list right now. Something to consider.

3. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    The Denon DVM 4800 is progressive, chroma bug free, and has DVD audio.

4. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

I'll throw in a recommendation for checking out the Yamaha CX1. Owned one for a few months now and the thing is a stud. Outstanding video performance, compliments of Faroudja, and audio performance, compliments of Burr-Brown DAC's. Will also play DVD-A. You'll have to check yourself regarding DVD-R, +R, +RW, etc. compatibility. It can be had for about $500 retail authorized. Originally retailed in the $1K ballpark. Also, it weighs 23lbs. No lightweight.

5. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

I just got the Sony 555es for $450 at Oade Bros. It does SACD also and they recommended its audio ability. Sounds good to me, but I'm not sure my ear is good enough to tell how much better it is from other players.

6. Chester II

Chester II Stunt Coordinator

by saying STUD are you suggesting the Yamaha CX1 is great with the ladies?

7. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Either the ladies, or the horses [​IMG]

8. robert dawson

robert dawson Auditioning

HAS ANY ONE TRIED OR USED A KENWOOD DV 6050 AND HOW DOES IT COMPARE WITH YAMAHA CX1. THANKS BOB

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THEIR TOYS!!!!!!