What's new

What is the best (affordable) version of Cowboy Bebop? (1 Viewer)

Will Moir

Auditioning
Hi all,

I recently got interested in Cowboy Bebop, and was wondering which version I should buy. I would just buy the 6 discs from best buy or somewhere for $25 each or so, but I was looking on ebay and found what looks to be a more affordable alternative. There are many auctions appearing for a 3 disc set for $35 + shipping that has a cover that looks the same as the cover for the 6 disc box set, which now goes for $200+.

The three disc set has all the episodes, the original Japanese soundtrack and an english dubbed one, and english subtitles. It is Region 0, so I guess it is imported or something because it isn't for sale at Best Buy or Amazon.com.

I was wondering if anyone had any reasons why I would be better off putting the $40 something towards buying the individual sessions instead of this. It would be great to be able to save some money, but I don't want to be suckered into buying an inferior product.

Thanks a lot,

-Will

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Those are bootlegs with awful image quality. Stay away from them

If you can find the Bebop box set (not very likely), that's the cheapest. Otherwise hit DVDPricesearch.com you should be able to find them for about $20 apiece

Tu Dang

Auditioning
Yes. Those 3 DVD sets are bootlegs! Don't get them. Besides, you'd miss out on some great voice acting if you listen to the US language track on the Bandai version. (Or, if you're a purist, the japanese track is ok too... ;) )
The box set is probably the best deal and you get a cool box as well.
-T.D.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i just checked amazon and they now want almost 300 for the boxset! yikes! i could swear i only paid like 150 when i ordered it???
what's up with that?
anyway, definitely go for the individual dvd's.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The box set was a limited item. No idea where they got 300, as the retail price was 200

You should be able to get the individual discs for about $20 apiece

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks