What's new

What is taking so long? (1 Viewer)

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Is there any chance the releases of Law & Order will speed up? One release a year isn't very efficient considering the length of the series. I'd like to have all 15 years worth on DVD in my lifetime!! Whoever owns the rights needs to get off their ass and get the rest of the old seasons out, or give the rights to Paramount--they released 4 seasons of Macgyver last year. hehe

And what about other hit shows? Why is there still no news of Nash Bridges, The District, or Matlock? They've been showing Matlock reruns for 10 freakin years but noone thinks it's worth releasing on DVD!!???

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
It's been two seasons per year for the last two years, and I expect that there might be a speed-up in 2006. Don't ask why; it's a gut instinct.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes I agree Speed it up I just finished S 4 and I want the others to hurry up

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Matlock probably suffers from the perception that it skews old demographically. That may be true to some extent, but I know a lot of non seniors (myself included) who love the show. As the OP said, it is still very popular in syndication.

If I remember correctly, it changed networks during it's original run. I don't know if that impacts ownership issues or not. If Dean Hargrove owns the show it might be worth contacting his production company.

I'm curious as to what shape the original elements are in. Reruns sometimes look awful; it looks video based and the tapes are degrading.

Steve

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Doesn't Andy Griffith own a piece of Matlock too? could he be holding it up for some reason?

For a long time, I suspected the same with Gomer Pyle. That maybe Andy Griffith and/or Jim Nabors were holding up the release for whatever reason

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I would be surprised if Andy is holding this up. He's publically said he's very proud of his work on this series and that it was his favorite of all his series.

With apologies to David VP and other TAGS fans, I agree with Andy; I like Matlock better than I like Mayberry (which is also an excellent show).

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks