What is "Servo Controlled" in referrence to Samson Amps?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, Nov 13, 2001.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I was doing some research on Samson Amps and found they have servo amps and then they have the regular S-series(S700,S1000,etc.). What is the difference between the two series? I have seen the servo series amps online and they are more priced higher than the S-series amps(Servo550 to S700). What is Servo and what is the benefit? Would a servo550 be sufficient in place of the S700 to power an SVS?
    http://www.samsontech.com/audio/poweramps.html

2. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Jeff,
    That's Samson's lower powered less expensive amps. I don't know where you are seeing them more expensive than the "S" series but I can't see where they'd be WORTH more.
    The "Servo 550" would certainly do a good job of powering an SVS, but it would not outdo a S-700.
    Samson might be able to explain the techical differences (if any). As for us we're happy the S-700 and S-1000 provide the best mix of features and power anywhere in the industry (for the price. The "Price is No Object" crowd gets the Crown K-1).
    Ron

3. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Thanks Ron, I did a search on Yahoo for "Samson Amps" and came up with a couple stores on Yahoo shopping. One place was charging about $30 more for the Servo550 than the S700, maybe it was a typo. I was just wondering the quality of the servo amps but after hearing your opinion, I'm more clear now with their product lines. Thanks!