What's new

What is "Servo Controlled" in referrence to Samson Amps? (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I was doing some research on Samson Amps and found they have servo amps and then they have the regular S-series(S700,S1000,etc.). What is the difference between the two series? I have seen the servo series amps online and they are more priced higher than the S-series amps(Servo550 to S700). What is Servo and what is the benefit? Would a servo550 be sufficient in place of the S700 to power an SVS?
http://www.samsontech.com/audio/poweramps.html

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jeff,
That's Samson's lower powered less expensive amps. I don't know where you are seeing them more expensive than the "S" series but I can't see where they'd be WORTH more.
The "Servo 550" would certainly do a good job of powering an SVS, but it would not outdo a S-700.
Samson might be able to explain the techical differences (if any). As for us we're happy the S-700 and S-1000 provide the best mix of features and power anywhere in the industry (for the price. The "Price is No Object" crowd gets the Crown K-1).
Ron

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Thanks Ron, I did a search on Yahoo for "Samson Amps" and came up with a couple stores on Yahoo shopping. One place was charging about $30 more for the Servo550 than the S700, maybe it was a typo. I was just wondering the quality of the servo amps but after hearing your opinion, I'm more clear now with their product lines. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks