What's new

What is S/PDIF (1 Viewer)

Can it be connected directly to a DD/DTS receiver ?
What kind of cable does it use ?
How long can the cable be run ?
I saw a Sigma Hollywood Plus card for $50 and I already have a DVD ROM. I want to experiment this connecting to a TV because it can playback PAL on a NTSC TV.
How long can the S-Video cable be ?
Thanks for any guidance.
------------------
SR Loka
Scientists see the world as it is, Engineers create a world that has never been
Under Construction(Always): http://www.geocities.com/ls_reddy

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
Sony/Philips Digital Interface
I have one running from a Sound Blaster Live Platinum (front panel Live! Drive connection) using a 20+ foot RCA cable to my Yamaha RXV-995, and it is the best thing ever to hear my audio files on my main stereo!
(I tried a stereo RCA connection before, but picked up too much noise, but since it's digital now, no noise!)

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I got my last Hollywood + for $36. One of my PCs has about 65 feet of wiring to the TV. The decoder (not the sound card)will pass DD/DTS on a coax output (which can be converted to toslink optical with a $15 device). I found I could send s-video on cat5 cable without interference but composite started to distort after about 35 feet. You will need software like Zone Selector to change regions without locking the card after 5 changes. You should check out the SigmaDesigns newsgroup for a LOT of info on getting it to work and all the tweaking needed. If you get it working the TV picture is very good and a lot of options open up. One hack can actually give you a progressive component output to feed an HDTV ready TV! Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks