What is "Red Push"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Dugger, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Chris Dugger

Chris Dugger Supporting Actor

I have seem "Red Push" metioned when other threads involve the HDTV Mits.

What is "red push"?

Dugger

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Red push is a problem with the color decoder emphasizing too much red. Avia has a test for red push, blue push, and green push.
    The x07 models from 2001 have the problem. Apparently, they have not fixed it in later models. This is combined with color decoder adjustments being eliminated from user service modes, making it difficult to adjust.
    So, on the red component video inputs, you can attach a little attenuator made from parts from your nearby radio shack. If your soldering skills are bad like mine, you can approximate this home-made unit with an off-the-shelf 3db attenuator and the plug-in adaptors to give it RCA male and female ends.
    http://www.altex.com/Detail.bok?cate...tal=10&no=1992
    (There used to be a BNC version of this, and they have always been out of stock on the RCA version of it.)
    They were working on a fix on the Spot, but that seems to have turned into a commercial venture. I lost interest when $10 in parts from http://www.altex.com solved the problem.
    - Steve

3. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Go to the hometheaterspot.com forum and search on "red push" in the subject header and you will find tons of information on the subject, especially regarding how it affects Mitsubishi RPTVs and how to fix it.
    Here is a thread that starts with a good explanation of the problem including illustrations:
    Red Push discussion

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer