What's new

What is old 35mm equipment worth? (1 Viewer)

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I want to sell my old 35mm equipment on eBay. It is a fully manual Vivitar V335, which uses a Pentax K-mount. I bought two lenses, both Albinar, one wide angle, one telephoto zoom (80mm to 200mm) for it, a manual trigger cable, and a flash unit for it.

Its a good starter for someone to learn the fundamentals, but certainly nothing that is very popular today.

Anyone have a clue what I should ask for the whole kit (including the bag)?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It might be more worth your time to donate it to a school or community arts program or your local Goodwill. When the professional grade, at one time highly valued and popular Nikon F3HP is going for under $200 on eBay that says a lot about the fair market value of 35mm film equipment.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Titanium body F3hp was my favorite 35mm body ever. Mine came from US army, was built like a tank and was probably rolled over by a few.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I picked up a Canon Rebel K2 for about 100 bucks and a Tamron lens for everyday walkabout purposes for another 50 - now mind you, the camera store I got them from refurbished the lot, so it was a bit on the high side. But I see that rig going for anywhere from 30 (body with kit lens) to 100+ bucks on ebay.

So the right 35mm camera can still go for a couple of bucks at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks