What's new

What is NTSC? (1 Viewer)

Todd Lik

Auditioning
Awhile back I rented a projector from an audio/video company for a party I was throwing. My friend handling the visuals said it had to be a NTSC projector. I had no idea what it was but I found one anyway. The company I rented it from told me it could project like a 30" image on up to the size of an outdoor movie screen(Incredible) and you can hook it up to a computer and VCR. After using it I decided I will never own another TV and I must have one. What exactly is it, who makes them and where can I get one?

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
NTSC is a name given to our current, out of date television system in the North American and Japanese regions (elsewhere?). The "cute" full name is Never Twice the Same Color; not the actual name but still a very telling description.
You want a High Definition (HDTV) capable projector. Try a DLP or LCD projector that can do AT LEAST 720p HDTV resolutions and has a decent quality scaler. Preferably in a native 1.78:1 aspect ratio. High Rez., widescreen DLP projectors are about to come out (the Sharp 9000 looks to be the first out of the gates and a real stunner), and there are currently about three big name widescreen LCD projectors (from Sony and Sanyo).
The only problem--- you should wait to see what future projectors will support DVI and FireWire digital video connections and the HDCP and 5C copy protection schemes before throwing your money away.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on August 09, 2001 at 03:13 PM]

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Never Twice the Same Color
laugh.gif

-Video Essentials
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, inate desire on the part of every organism, to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Honda/Acura Club ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)
[Edited last by John Garcia on August 10, 2001 at 10:35 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks