What is my driver version?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Handy, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Jason Handy

Jason Handy Second Unit

I just got a Radeon 7200, but am having trouble identifying the driver version. Apparently, only certain drivers are capable of handling interlaced support for HTPC applications. Any help here would be great!

Thank in advance

Jason

2. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

what OS are you using?
    the best/only radeon drivers that support interlaced overlays are the 7093 drivers in 98/ME ... nothing in XP as of right now.
    for DVD playback I think you should just go with 480p if you can do that. something like 1440x480 is popular. with the newer drivers (no interlaced overlays) you support newer hardware acceleration from various dvd software, like power dvd 4.0.
    check www.rage3d.com for links to drivers of all sorts.
    go into device manager (control panel, system) and go into your display adapter, to the driver tab, and check the version there. or go into display proerties (right-click, proerties, on the desktop) and then go into settings, advanced and check the options tab if you have one.

3. Jason Handy

Jason Handy Second Unit

It was late and I was being stupid. What a dumb question! I found my driver version to be 7092. And after playing with powerstrip, I found that this driver does support interlaced resolutions. So I am happy. Is there anything else I need to be considering?

Jason