What's new

What is it with Christian Bale? I don't get it. (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I've always believed, that's why everyone on these threads goes to the movies, to pick apart eye warts. .:D

Anyone want to start a thread about that and we can talk about Ewan McGregors wart too.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Are we sure it's a wart? Could be a mole.

What about Fred Savage?

MOLEYMOLEYMOLE!!!!

...ahem. Sorry. WAY off-track. Back to Christian Bale.

The man seems to be very talented with accents/dialects as well. Has he spoken in his native Welsh accent in any films?

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
While I've always preferred the idea of Bale as Bond more than say, Clive Owen, I took it as a given that when he became Batman, he gave up any possibility of Bond. I just don't see one actor being able to do both franchises because of the association factor. (And while we're on the Bond subject, supposed current frontrunner Daniel Craig is a fine, fine actor. . .but no Bond.)

I'm in the Bale is a "great actor and a not badlooking, but not overly pretty" camp.

Shawn_McD

Stunt Coordinator
"quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, Braveheart was a masterpiece. I can't help if you people don't appreciate one of the greatest films ever made.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere, someone says the same about Battlefield Earth.

I mean, if what you say is true, then why is there no consensus about it, like there are with other masterpieces? "

Lets see, it won best picture for starters. Umm, any red-blooded male in america generally regards Braveheart right up next to 'The Godfather' as a male movie thats just damn cool.

Besides, Mel Gibson is a mans man...can't help if your a fluffy movie snob who only thinks "French Indy Film #3" is only a good movie.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
First, why is there an argument about Braveheart in a thread about Christian Bale?

Second, there are definitely some stinkers which have won best picture.

Third, lots of red-blooded American men do not consider Braveheart one of the greatest films ever made and several of them don't fit the rather simplistic description you gave.

Fourth, why is there an argument about Braveheart in a thread about Christian Bale?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Hey, I love Braveheart. And I'm ALL MAN, baby!

That should be the final word on Braveheart in this thread.

As for you, john, where have YOU been, much less ER. He's off to make his way in the world.

As for Bale, well, even though I am ALL MAN, I have a bit of a thing for Bale.

Take care,
Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks