What's new

What is involved with inst. of a 2nd rec.? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I'm getting a free inst. of DirectTV but the installer is
advertising a $49 second receiver installation fee? What does this involve? Is it basically hooking up the dish (calibrated already) itself to the second receiver or is there more involved? I can't see why running another RG-6 cable costs $49 and was wondering about doing it myself, at least that part. I'm not fond of climbing the roof and I originally though the second receiver was daisychained to the main receiver but apparently the coax is run from the dish itself as a 2nd wire.
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Jay,
I have Dishnetwork but I'll assume the equipment is similar. Yes you have to have a separate cable run from the dish to the second receiver. The advantage for you would be not climbing the roof as you said but also if you wait and add a second receiver you'll probably wind up paying more than you are with this "2 receiver package". The price on standalone or "slave" receivers is rather expensive. If you're even a little uncomfortable with climbing ladders, snaking cable, etc. it's worth the extra $49 to have an installer do it. Besides if you do it yourself and it don't work, you've got no one to call! (Well you can always try posting here. :)
------------------
JB
"This is Chuck reminding Bill to shut up!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks