What is going to be new in the next 6 months that is worth waiting for?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Mike Albano, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Mike Albano

Mike Albano Extra

The reason I am wondering what is new and exciting that I will see on the shelves over the next six months is because I am in the process of selling my house and moving once the place actually sells. I have about $5,000 now that I want to put into upgrading my theater set up. If I was to do it now I would buy the Denon 2900, Anthem AV 2.0 and MCA 50 Amp.

Will I be kicking my self in the butt for not waiting until I move and settle to upgrade to a newer system because of a newer technology or huge price drop in the items I am looking into? Do you guys feel that there is going to be huge differences in price points or features over the next 6 months, or just pull the trigger now? Is HD DVD going to be avaliable, or what?

The only thing I really want to get into right now is DVD Audio and SACD.

2. Michael Brand

Bump

3. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Considering what you are purchasing I would say No you won't have any regret and that is because of the upgradability of the Anthem and their willingness to use it. DVI/HDMI is about the only thing that will make a difference. Given that the pre/pro you are looking at will most likely be upgradable to do the switching, then I wouldn't worry too much. Amp technology doesn't change at all hardly. As far as the DVD player is concerned, I'd buy a cheaper player for now as DVI is the current thing and will be the thing going forward as will HDMI.

4. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

We will start seeing more digital connections like firewire and HDMI, even in the mid priced stuff.

DJ