What's new

What is going on with "Delicatessen"? (1 Viewer)

Juan M. Rico

Stunt Coordinator
I remember a year or so ago reading about a possible release (at least for Region 2) of this movie, but nothing so far. Does anybody have any updates?

J

PeterSOB

Grip
WHile I don't know this for sure, I would guess that there is some sort of rights issue involved. In America, the film was reelased theatrically by Miramax and at the time, the studio had a home-video deal with Paramount. Therefore, there may be a conflict between the two on who gets the DVD rights (no doubt this is the same reason that Double Life of Veronique hasn't appeared on American DVD as well)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
On the Amelie disc the director said he hated the way the US version looked. The color was not right and it looked way too dark. Perhaps a restoration is holding up the release.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I cant say for certain, but I dont think so-there are smaller companies in Korea that do these films and seem to have full rights.
The Site claims NOT to sell boots, and if you click on Jacketview, you can see a UPC-not a guarantee, I know, but why would boots need them?-they woudlnt fool any Police or suppliers.

I have yet to see anything that was "odd" on his site ie: a copy of "Matrix Reloaded", or the TWO TOWERS etc for sale before worldwide street date that would indicate "funny business"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks