What's new

What is going on in the DVD-A and SACD saga? (1 Viewer)

Rob Michaw

Stunt Coordinator
I've been out of the loop for two months, and I've looked in this forum here and there over the last week or so and I haven't been able to tell if anything of significance has happened. Has it?

Thanks.

Michael_T

Second Unit
Well,
Capitol released their first 3 domestic (USA) DVD-Audio releases - to mixed reviews on the ergonomics of the discs. Sony seemed to have stepped up their SACD release rate a bit, with at least one new SACD per week - some MCH releases of already released stereo only issues. Warners and Rhino have indicated that they plan to start releasing DVD-Audio discs again in the spring (hopefully with a more concerted marketing effort). And the supporters of DVD-Audio are still feuding with the diehards on the SACD side (at least on www.audioasylum.com). Someone like me, who owns both DVD-Audio and SACD players - just smiles and waits for the next release on either format. :D
Other than that, it appears nothing has really changed. ;)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
This is a very good sit for info too: http://www.highfidelityreview.com/ne...snumber=402660
I agree with the prior post, I had a Sony 9000ES (SACD) in the bedroom system which backs to the wall of the main system where at present I have 2-channel capability and I sold the 9000ES and am waiting for the Pioneer Elite DV-47A which I expect in a week or so that will give me capability for all formats in the bedroom system and 2-channel DVD-A and SACD in the main system. Hopefully more manuf. will go the route of Pioneer and at lower costs for the hardware next year so that people can choose the software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks