What's new

What is EMO? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Didn't mean to scare you! But by the supposed definition of "Emo", think about the following 'Dents tunes:
Clean Sheets
Pep Talk
Silly Girl
Good Good Things
Christmas Vacation

I could go on, but you get the point. Personally, I don't care what people call Emo. I just listen to everything I can get my hands on and decide whether I dig it or not, regardless of genre.

And since I mentioned The Get Up Kids' new album, you can actually listen to the whole thing online at their website. I think that's a great way to promote music and I wish more bands would do that.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Jeremy -
I see where you're coming from. The Descendents have been my favorite band since 1985 so I was just surprised hearing some of the songs considered Emo. I guess the term "Emo" has grown over the years to encompass a lot of stuff.

I guess Barry Manilow could be considered Emo now. :D

I stopped paying attention to things considered EMO after it first evolved from "sensitive" hardcore. It just fell off the radar of what I listened to.

I noticed Jets to Brazil mentioned in this thread. I never heard any of their songs but I loved Jawbreaker which had some of the same members. Is Jawbreaker considered Emo now?

I am kinda fascinated of what Emo has become. I feel like I've been under a rock for years.

Matt

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
i would consider the descendents for the most part what is (what i would call) original pop punk. not so much the west coast fat wreck chords and epitaph style that has become to be known as poppunk (which dont get me wrong, i like a lot of and even it was lagwagon that got me into punkish music to begin with, i just never stopped with that style and a lot of people have).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks