What's new

What is currently on your CHEAP CHARTS digital price drop "Wish List" ? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Remember though that Cinderfella isn't MA so it won't be transferring to iTunes...

A couple things...

First, the search function is horrible. I type in the name of a movie and I get nothing.

Second, you mean anything that I redeem here will not go to iTunes?

Another search on Vudu redemption says those digital conversions will go to iTunes.

I do trust your experience so that could be wrong.

Not interested in any of this if I can't get it into my iTunes library.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
A couple things...

First, the search function is horrible. I type in the name of a movie and I get nothing.

Second, you mean anything that I redeem here will not go to iTunes?

Another search on Vudu redemption says those digital conversions will go to iTunes.

I do trust your experience so that could be wrong.

Not interested in any of this if I can't get it into my iTunes library.

It will transfer to iTunes of it's an MA enabled title. MA is the only pipeline that exists between Vudu and Apple. So a Paramount title like Cinderfella won't...

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
That Vudu page is totally unusable.

On the page link you gave me, there is no search or entry method.

If you go to REDEEM on the top of the page you will find that it's for redeeming codes inside a disc.

Am I missing something?

You just click the green Convert Disc button and scan the UPC if the disc you want to convert...

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/d2d

Not there

Maybe I am missing a flash plug-in?

Are you using an iOS device? You need the camera to scan with...

5B491AB3-EE00-4157-9C85-A24DE769E054.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It looks like the DVD -> HD on Vudu has most of the Jerry Lewis catalog which I am looking to upconvert.

I have to play with this more, as right now I am still watching the morning news, but the description of the titles don't give you a clear idea if it is HD or SD.

Of course, I need to play with this more and will probably do a lot of upgrading today.

Just not happy that the Paramount stuff stays on Vudu app and doesn't propagate to iTunes.

Thanks for sticking with me on this, Cranston. It's a little bit of a learning curve but I can see spending a good $50 today upgrading Paramount titles.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ron,

Jerry Lewis movies have been discounted quite a few times on iTunes. I'll be careful as the Jerry Lewis 10-Movie Collection on iTunes was $24.99 in December.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron,

Jerry Lewis movies have been discounted quite a few times on iTunes. I'll be careful as the Jerry Lewis 10-Movie Collection on iTunes was $24.99 in December.

I have seen that collection and it is on my Wish List for that drop.

However, there are a few titles not in that collection, mainly THE ERRAND BOY, which I think is one of Lewis' best! I also have to look at all my DVDs and see what else is not in that collection.

I am holding off on CINDERFELLA upgrade as that IS in the collection.

So, thanks for reminding me. I will wait for that price drop and go after the Lewis films that are not in that bundle.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Looking at this further...

If you look up THE JERRY LEWIS BUNDLE on cheap charts it only lists an SD version.

If you look it up on VUDU there is an indication of HD but the SD logo is also next to it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looking at this further...

If you look up THE JERRY LEWIS BUNDLE on cheap charts it only lists an SD version.

If you look it up on VUDU there is an indication of HD but the SD logo is also next to it.
Yeah, you need to be careful as this SD crap can bite you. Also, "The Errand Boy" is only available to rent on iTunes.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, you need to be careful as this SD crap can bite you. Also, "The Errand Boy" is only available to rent on iTunes.

Yes, but I think you can buy it on Vudu which means you probably can convert the SD to HD.

I'm telling you, this is just confusing as shit.

And Vudu doesn't help when they don't list whether the title is HD or SD, unless listing both in the specs mean it's HD.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeo, that means it's HD...

Okay, so if I want the Jerry Lewis bundle HD it has to be purchased through VUDU. It is not available HD on iTunes.

I have the bundle on my Vudu wishlist and anything not included in that set I am going to do a manual SD -> HD upgrade for $2

Thank you Tino, Cranston and Crawdaddy for your help this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks