What is currently on your CHEAP CHARTS digital price drop "Wish List" ?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't think we have a thread dedicated to people's WISHLISTS for digital price drops.

Let me start this. Perhaps we can share our interests in movies we want to eventually nab on digital.

At the same time, if anyone sees a title on someone's wish list available at a bargain price, you can let us know.

Here is what's on my WISH LIST

21 Bridges 4k (now $14.99 want to see where it goes. This is not a bad price)
Private Parts HD (now $12.99 but it has been $7.99)
Star Trek II Wrath of Khan 4K (now $14.99 but it was $9.99)
Cotton Club Encore 4k (now $9.99 was $7.99)
The Apartment HD (now $14.99 was $4.99)
Top Secret HD (now $12.99 was $6.99)
The Court Jester HD (now $14.99 was $7.99)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BTW, if this thread is too much like the existing digital deals thread I can remove this.

The idea of this thread was to share your wish list items. I would certainly be inspired by other member picks in case I missed something.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Good Boys 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 19.99)
Little Women 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 14.99)
Bombshell HD desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 14.99)
Knives Out 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 19.99)
Dark Waters HD desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 19.99)
Doctor Sleep 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 19.99)
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 14.99)
Motherless Brooklyn 4K desires pricing 9.99 (Currently 19.99)
Downton Abbey 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 19.99)
21 Bridges 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 14.99)
Black and Blue 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 14.99)
Richard Jewell 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 19.99)
JoJo Rabbit 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 19.99)
Fatal Attraction 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 14.99)
The Talk of the Town HD desired pricing 4.99-7.99 (Currently 12.99)
Wings of Eagles HD desired pricing 4.99-7.99 (Currently 9.99)

Reactions: Tino

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Robert,

I completely understand a comment you made earlier about it being difficult to wait for a price drop.

I caved in today and bought 21 Bridges (4k) on digital.

The way I look at it...

1. This is a new release
2. As far as I can see, there is no 4k disc
3. The Blu-ray disc is currently $22

So, for $15, a 4k copy that would probably be well over $20 at this point is a bargain at its current price.

While I am kind of twisting your arm here, I can certainly appreciate you being able to exercise more restraint than I could.

I also bought OFFICE SPACE (4k) for $9.99, THE LIMEY (4k) for $7.99, and THE COTTON CLUB (4k) for $9.99.

With the exception of OFFICE SPACE I have seen NONE of these films and they will be first-time viewings for me, which is especially exciting.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Robert,

I completely understand a comment you made earlier about it being difficult to wait for a price drop.

I caved in today and bought 21 Bridges (4k) on digital.

The way I look at it...

1. This is a new release
2. As far as I can see, there is no 4k disc
3. The Blu-ray disc is currently $22

So, for $15, a 4k copy that would probably be well over $20 at this point is a bargain at its current price.

While I am kind of twisting your arm here, I can certainly appreciate you being able to exercise more restraint than I could.

I also bought OFFICE SPACE (4k) for $9.99, THE LIMEY (4k) for $7.99, and THE COTTON CLUB (4k) for $9.99.

With the exception of OFFICE SPACE I have seen NONE of these films and they will be first-time viewings for me, which is especially exciting.
Ron,

It took me a long time to develop this patience. However, I did so now by concentrating on all those titles I already have in my film library that I haven't even watched on disc or digitally. I might have seen some of these movies in the movie theater or from past TV viewings, but I haven't watched them after their disc/digital purchases. It's the only way I can reduce my unseen movie pile while maintaining some kind of purchasing discipline.

Sam Posten

Reaction score
Website
www.navesink.net
Real Name
Sam Posten
I need to set up the wishlist, I only just registered today. Had been just browsing the charts until now. Let me know if you see any of these get good drops.

Bond collection complete
Good Liar
Zombie Land Double Tap 4k
Terminator Dark Fate 4k
Harriet
Motherless Brooklyn
Blinded by the light
Angel has fallen 4k
Dora the explora 4k
Angry birds 2
3 from hell
Childs Play 2019
Anna
Doom Annihilation
Happytime Murders
Tolkien
MIB International 4k
Miss Bala (old 2011)
Welcome to Marwen
Holmes and Watson
Stan and Ollie
Slenderman
Papillon (both)
Unfriended: Dark Web
Beirut
Gnomeo and Juliet (I have Holmes)
The Room
The help

Disney:
Hunchback
Original Pete's dragon

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
I guess I need to sign up on Cheap Charts. And Movies Anywhere, which I'd be embarrassed to admit, if I didn't know that Ron had only started with them recently.

Tino

Executive Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Valentino
I guess I need to sign up on Cheap Charts. And Movies Anywhere, which I'd be embarrassed to admit, if I didn't know that Ron had only started with them recently.
I believe @Ronald Epstein has had MA from the beginning, but he is just recently starting to buy digital films more often and use the Cheap Charts app. Welcome to the club John!;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have been a member of Movies Anywhere for about a year.

However, I have only started forging ahead with redeeming digital codes and buying movies for about four weeks now.

I am just essentially starting.

I missed the entire Ultraviolet thing. For that reason, the wealth of my library can no longer be redeemed.

Moving forward, my plan is to buy only blockbuster titles on 4k disc, watch and then redeem the code. Otherwise, I would rather buy most secondary films (such as 21 BRIDGES and BLINDED BY THE LIGHT) on digital 4k for half the price.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
..and then sell the disc?
No, I don't sell my discs. I keep them.

The problem is shelf space, but if I keep 4k disc purchases down to a dozen a year I should be fine.

The rest I will purchase digitally.

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
No, I don't sell my discs. I keep them.

The problem is shelf space, but if I keep 4k disc purchases down to a dozen a year I should be fine.

The rest I will purchase digitally.
Just curious, because I've been getting some of the new Disney UHDs "Used", which are really just unused with the code redeemed. Those are so stinking expensive, and I've generally saved about $10 each not to get the digital code.

Cranston37

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
I missed the entire Ultraviolet thing. For that reason, the wealth of my library can no longer be redeemed
Don't forget about Disc to Digital. At $2 each it's more expensive then redeeming a code, but much cheaper than anything Cheap Charts will have.

Just curious from the other thread - did you ever try redeeming the UV codes on iTunes or MA?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I tried a few UV codes and they didn't work. Was particularly upset about BACK TO THE FUTURE, but with a 4k release looming I will buy that on disc and have 4k codes as well.

Adam told me about the $2 disc to digital and $5 Blu-ray to 4k program.

The problem with that is I have already bought most of the favorites that I owned on DVD on Blu-ray. There are still too many Blu-ray titles that have not yet made it to 4k.

Josh Steinberg

Executive Producer
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
@Sam Posten For the Bond movies, your best bet may not be to hold out for a complete bundle but to keep an eye out for when the different collections by actors go onsale. That’s how I ended up snagging them from iTunes - The Sean Connery Collection, The Roger Moore Collection, etc. Ended up being $5 or less per title that way.

Reactions: dpippel

Cranston37

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
@Sam Posten For the Bond movies, your best bet may not be to hold out for a complete bundle but to keep an eye out for when the different collections by actors go onsale. That’s how I ended up snagging them from iTunes - The Sean Connery Collection, The Roger Moore Collection, etc. Ended up being $5 or less per title that way.
When you buy those, do they show up as the individual titles in your library or as the collections?

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthia1