What's new

What is "curb bunny" a slang term for? (1 Viewer)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I have a great fear for how PC or society is becoming. Just because one person is offended doesnt mean something is offensive. Otherwise, EVERYTHING would be offensive, because someone is going to be offended.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
My local afternoon radio show has a society called:

People Offended by Offended People -or- P.O.O.P.

It's the portion of the show where they lay into folks for being outraged by stupid things.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
To the person that was looking for HTF bunnies, I am reminded of something I said a few weeks ago about a guy, "he has a really nice TV," to which my friend laughed. I think he thought I was going to say something else, and he probably also found it amusing (and somewhat shallow) that that's what I'd pick to say about this guy. But I was serious. It seems like as good a reason as any to date someone. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
If having a nice tv is a good reason to date someone, then I'm out...the tv in my living room isn't nice at all, it swears all the time and punches me in the gut. Sometimes it goes out ALL night long partying and won't come home until 3am.

"BAD TV! Get down from there! Put that back!"

:laugh:

Although, the tv in my bedroom is rather courteous :D

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I got a 7.5 pound bouncing baby projector, that can projectile vomit a 100" diagonal screen when fed a component or VGA signal. Is that big enough? :D

I should invite some "bunnies" to evaluate my swollen tv.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
On my bike ride home today afterwork, I saw some trail bunnies out on the path today, but I couldn't tell if they were trying to pick me up or not. They took off and all I could see were their white fluffy tails...

Jay

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
The tone of this thread is generally lighthearted - but is it really necessary to make a connection to the oldest profession that often? It strikes me as rather immature, and it certainly doesn't contribute to the quality of the conversation here.

Cees

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Hey, why so hard on the prostitutes? They make an honest buck? Since when doesn't a woman have the right to chose what to do with her body?

See http://www.ifeminists.net/introduction/faq.html for more on that. Read #6 in particular.

Re: HDTV Bunnies; I hear it's not the size of your projector that matters, but how you calibrate it that matters. :)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
In my part of the country we what are known as "bruise bunnies". Translation: women that like to stay with abusive boyfriends/husbands.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
but is it really necessary to make a connection to the oldest profession that often? It strikes me as rather immature, and it certainly doesn't contribute to the quality of the conversation here.
Sorry if the replies seem fairly derogatory, but immature? If "Curb Bunny" is a slang term for a woman who whores herself out, then why is it immature to refer to them as prostitutes? The actions of a "Curb Bunny" are far worse than any term or connection we make to any slang word.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Thanks for the personal attack, Mr. Strang, West Monroe, LA. Keep up the good work.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have never ever thought of the term Ski Bunny as being prostitutes... Heck, I've even used the term before in relation to going skiing. Certainly not referring to prostitutes!

As the originator of this thread, I did not make the connection between ski bunny or curb bunny, but I have always thought of the term I have heard of before ("ski bunnies") as being simply cute females on the ski slopes, nothing more, nothing less!

I see lots of bunnies on the trails to and from work..plus groundhogs, deer, coyotes, squirrels.. :D

Jay

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I think there is no comparison between bunnies and prostitutes. Bunnies taste like chicken, Prostitutes don't.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Hey, why so hard on the prostitutes? They make an honest buck?
Eric, sorry, you're not funny. And, BTW, aren't you the same Eric who posted so disgustingly many "bangs" in a thread of someone who asked about a present for a lady he liked?

Cees

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Why not believe they're simply some girls who like to hang around "interesting" men of a type they choose?
But I said "If" that was the definition. Since no one can come up with an answer, why would it be immature to assume thier like hookers? Either assumption is fair.

p.s. I saw another site that compared 'Curb Bunnies' to 'Biker Chics'.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Mark,

It's the very assumption that starts looking so childish.

Eric,

At the moment we have lots of Easter bunnies.

But for the absolutely last time: the subject of this thread is not prostitution.

Cees

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Good point, Cees. We were discussing pseudo-derogitory terms for female sports enthusiasts with a non-descriminate attraction to the participants of that sport, aka - bunnies.

Would one find Easter Bunnies hanging out at Sunday morning church services then? And, more important, do THEY taste like chicken also??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks