What's new

What is "curb bunny" a slang term for? (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
'Curb Bunny' is not a derogitory term for women. It is cute slang.

Here are some derogitory terms for reference sake:

keeper of the poon
that thing behind the breasts
baby-machine
last-nights news
sorority-slammer (a sorority girl you get at a bar)
MILF
Badger (rather chew your arm off than wake her)
2 at 10 and a 10 at 2 (works for either sex)
free milk (why get the cow...)
equal opportunity hire

and last, and most frightening..

feminist!!!!!

There, now you can get upset about something more reasonable than 'Curb Bunny'!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
What about female rabbits who hang around looking for male rabbits? Are they called "Bunny Bunnies"?

Ouch! Sorry, it had to be said. :D

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
But why would prostitutes be hanging around a bike race? Something for the fans to keep busy while waiting for the peloton to whiz by at 35mph? :)

Regarding female rabbits who hang around male rabbits, I think they're just called live bunnies.. We all know about rabbits and breeding...

Nutbunnies!

(obscure Freakazoid reference)

Jay

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
If you want to see some curb bunnies, check out the three major tours, one in Spain, France, and Italy and you can see the "Podium Bunnies" I guess the term would be.
No. Those girls have an official function. They congratulate the sweaty winner (with a kiss or two - or three when the camera arrives) and hand him over the trophee. They are called "Tour miss"es (not: mistresses).

Cees

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
"I need to find some HDTV bunnies "

LOL Tony. That'll be the day!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We're just callin' it like it is.
If that were the case, people would just state plainly "curb sluts," "puck whores," etc. No, this is an attempt to be offensive to female sports fans yet avoid recrimination by obfuscating the true intent within slang terms that some defend as "cute."

No wonder a lot of women don't take an interest in sports. If they do, then everyone will think they're a slut and only watch because they want to sleep with the athletes.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I just think it's unfortunate that when men take an interest in and attend sporting events, they're called a "fan." But when women take an interest in and attend sporting events, they're referred to by slang terms whose basic meaning is to label them a whore.
That IS NOT what is being done at all. No where in this thread did anyone say that ALL WOMEN attending sporting events are "_____ Bunnies." The women that ARE doing "that" get labeled that way. Those that are not get to be fans just like everyone else. And I would freely admit to being a beach volleyball bunny and NOT a fan. :D

Also, go back to page one and find both Elizabeth's and Michelle's post. They didn't seem too offended by the topic. Life is too short man.

Regards,

Dan Hine

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I just think it's unfortunate that when men take an interest in and attend sporting events, they're called a "fan." But when women take an interest in and attend sporting events, they're referred to by slang terms whose basic meaning is to label them a whore.
I'm a fan of Female Mud Wrestling. :D

Actually, I don't think anyone is suggesting that female fans only like sports because they want to have sex with the participants, I think the term refers directly to the ones who fall into that category (since there are actually women out there who DO). If a woman is a fan of the sport then I'd call her a "Fan", just like I would any guy.

EDIT: I see that Dan basically made the same point I just did. :emoji_thumbsup:

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
No wonder a lot of women don't take an interest in sports. If they do, then everyone will think they're a slut and only watch because they want to sleep with the athletes.
for one, we're talking about mountain biking here. It's not like we're talking about something exclusive to males like pro football. I don't think the implication is that they're whores, but that they'd rather watch than participate.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
No wonder a lot of women don't take an interest in sports.
Um, actually, there is a biological/neurological basis for this. Studies have shown that young girls do not show the same interest in sports and "manly" toys that boys do. Conversely, young boys are not interested in playing dress-up, having tea parties, or do other "girlie" activities.

No, it is NOT a "socializing" thing either. The same observations were made in other societies, including matriarchal societies, and can even been seen in primates (the female primates don't play-fight as much as the males, the females don't gang together and murder outsider primates like the males do, either). They do it because it seems "natural" to them. A boy is not going to say: "I don't play with dolls because the patriarchal establishment would suppress me and send me to the gestapo". He would make a face and say "ewww gross" and walk away.

If a women doesn't like sports, it's because she doesn't like sports. If a man doesn't like wearing frilly dresses and gossiping on the phone for hours and hours with another man, it's because he doesn't have the urge to do those things.

Now, there are always exceptions (with measurable physiological differences in the brain). Good for them. I won't try to blame their behavior on "what society wants". I mean, who forces someone to be a curb bunny?

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Malcolm, you've obviously never experienced the "puck bunny". It's not a term used for any woman at a hockey game. It's a term used for the small group of girls who dress like whores, scream "I love you" to any player who walks by, and hang out by the locker room after the game. They can usually be seen on the arm of any given player exiting the arena.

A normal woman sitting in the stands enjoying a game is just a fan, like everyone else.

Oh, and it appears that these "curb bunnies" are nothing more than cute women watching a bike race. No whoring necessary. ;) So we've got all different types of bunnies under discussion here...

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
If you look at the original post, its clear the athlete that was questioned was talking about a specific type of person. Why would regular female fans be someone that he hates? Curb bunnies are probably fun for a bit, but then get on their nerves after awhile. Its a mentality he's speaking of, not all women.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Dan: :emoji_thumbsup:

I've seen/talked to a few puck bunnies in my time. Trust me, they have NOTHING in common with a hockey fan. Most of them would barely understand the actual game.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
It's just like if a woman had no problems with selling sex for money, but then got offended because you called her a hooker :D

"How dare you make such a derogatory comment like that to me" :laugh: Since when are whores concerned with Political Correctness?

If the shoe fits...have sex with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks