What's new

What is a really clean musical sub? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I have owned Infinity car subs. Are there home subs any good? I dont think I really need a loud sub. I just want something that is very accurate. My favorites I have heard before are sunfire and Martin Logan. But I think Martin Logans are too exspensive.

Are SVS concidered very clean subs? What about velodyne?

DanaA

Screenwriter
Haven't heard the ACI sub yet, but it has a reputation of being very musical. Here's a picture of their new sub, the Maestro. Pretty nice looking!!!

I do own a Hsu VTF-2 and agree with Curtis in this regard. I'm pretty sure he has the VTF-3, which, of course, he will trade me straight up.

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
SVS makes great subs, I love mine. There are subs that are a little more musical though. A sub that might be worth checking out is the Rocket UFW-10 www.av123.com.

The subwoofer company Curtis mentioned is also very highly recommended.

DanaA that is a pretty nice looking sub. How much does it sell for?

DanaA

Screenwriter
It costs a lot: $1950. But, they have subs as low as $750. I also forgot to mention that a lot of owners love Adire subs for their musicality. I think the Maestro weights 120 pounds and has a 500 watt amp.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
ooooh boy! I got that newsletter today.

DanaA...that new Maestro would look very good with your ACI Sapphires(I feel compelled to use ACI in front of Sapphire nowadays).

Mike Dzurko

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dana and Curtis!

Just a couple of things about the Maestro. This is the "big sub" we've been working on for nearly four years. Heck, we've had orders for this beast for over two years. In fact, the very first unit was installed locally two months ago as a "black box" in a dedicated $150,000 HT. (They spent $36K on the seats!). The amplifier is in a separate, 19" rack mount chassis. The amp is actually two of our Titan/Force amps in bridged mode. Our amps use a personality card to adjust the eq and limiting characteristics to the driver/cabinet combination. We hope to start filling backorders on the Maestro sometime next week. The $1950 is an introductory price for architectural black, good until the end of January.
And, we do have subs for as little as $299, (the ELT SW10).
Have a great day!

Scott_N

Second Unit
REL subs are the most musical and clean subs i've heard. I have a REL Strata III and couldn't be happier.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim

My 16-46PC+ sounds very clean with music. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend an SVS sub for music (and of course HT).

JimmyK

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Well I just went and listened to a sunfire True Sub Signature and I loved it. I think thats the way I want to go. I just dont feel comfertable buying something I cant hear first. Plus I can borrow the Sunfire and take it home, see how it sounds and bring it back.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Well I just went and listened to a sunfire True Sub Signature and I loved it. I think thats the way I want to go. I just dont feel comfertable buying something I cant hear first. Plus I can borrow the Sunfire and take it home, see how it sounds and bring it back

EricKH

Agent
Let me voice support for ACI subs. They are very musical and quick. I have a Titan II LE with some jags and they are a great combination. ACI also gives top notch support. Mike is a great guy.

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
The Infinity IL100s is a wonderful small sub, if you don't mind going below 32Hz, and if you can manage to get one. Definitely, for the price, it was a bargain (I paid about 200 bucks for it).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks