WHat is a good projector?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by RonaldMc, Jul 22, 2004.

1. RonaldMc

RonaldMc Agent

hello i wanted to buy a god projector, money is no objection and i have a 16x16 room with a 9 ft high ceiling.
    the maximum i can spend is around 10 k i woudl apreciate any good advice thanks

2. Chris Moe

Chris Moe Screenwriter

Electrohome 9500LC

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

hard question to answer, but it would probably be between an HD2+ DLP projector, or a used CRT, the CRT being the superior choice, and cheaper, but more the project.

4. RonaldMc

RonaldMc Agent

thansk i wil consider these choices, i have to reserach those projectors i was thinkgin of the Optoma H77 and the Dreamvere2 or 1 are tehse good projectors or the oens listed above suprior? I am in need of oen for Dvd watching

5. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

RonaldMcdonald, your message seems to be garbled! Can you clarify? Oh wait...I think I can understand it now. *uncrosses eyes*

I don't think anyone has the Optoma H77. In theory it should be a very good projector though. I've also heard good things about the Dreamvisions.

You should probably look into screens as well. Maybe you'll have some $$$ left in the budget for a Stewart Firehawk or a Vutec Silverstar. [​IMG]

6. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

I have always heard that the Valhalla 5100 is a great god projector.[​IMG]

7. RonaldMc

RonaldMc Agent

RonaldMcdonald..... yea heard i before.....
    just kep your opinions to yourself next time please it would help evryone here alot
    thanks

8. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

If you plan on going with a digital projector:

JVC HX1U 3chip LCOS, calibrated by William Phelps.

I have tried the Sharp 12K and the Marantz S3. OOTB those 2 are superior to the HX1U, but after M Phelps works is magic on it, those 2 HD2+ players can't even touch it. Shadow details, color dynamics, film-like smoothness.

Best PQ I have seen in this price range. Contrast ratio is not everything IMHO... After the calibration, perceived blacks are improved, so the shadow details and shading is better on the HX1U then on those 2 HD2+ projectors.

3chip LCOS: no rainbows, no headaches, no dithering, no screendoor, and you sit where you want to sit. [​IMG]

OOTB, go with the HD2+ projectors, but if you plan on sending it to M. Phelps, the HX1U is the clear winner.

And don't forget the promotion! 3495$ HD camera for FREE with the HX1U at JVC now! Wow!

http://pro.jvc.com/pro/special/hx1/hx1hd1.html